PMP Spam

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Casscat

PMP Spam

Post by Casscat »

Not a scam but just an annoyance. This morning I received a text from PMP to advise that a new guest review had been left on my page. How lovely :D Well my last set of guests departed on Thursday so perhaps they'd been so chuffed that they got straight online and penned a lovely paean of praise. Not so sadly. My 'review' was actually a long screed of advertising for - get this - a car hire firm in India! How very targeted for a Spanish holiday home rental :roll: Instantly deleted.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

How irritating. I'm perplexed Casscat. I've got a PMP website but I didn't know guests could submit reviews. I've set up Text alerts for enquiries but can't find anything about reviews. Please could you enlighten me?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

If you add a guestbook to your site then guests can leave reviews by invitation or unbidden - and it's the unbidden that has decided to try and alert to world to his Indian car hire empire! :mrgreen: The guestbook is a standard PMP option. You can import narrative from your other sites into your guestbook which is useful, but I guess the unscrupulous could also just make stuff up :?
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I can't find a guestbook anywhere in the software. Can you remember what section it is in? Sorry to be a pain. Think I must be being a bit dim here. Thanks
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Try my website > website basics > add new page. That should bring up a menu of things you are not currently using. If not then contact PMP as I find they are generally very helpful and quick off the mark :)
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Aha, found it, thank you. :D I've never clicked on it before because I didn't realise guests could submit reviews. I just thought it was where you could paste in comments from your hard copy guest book. I've learnt something. :D
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Let's hope it stimulates genuine reviews for you and not just spam! :D
annedab

Post by annedab »

We've had 2 lots of spam "reviews" in the last couple of weeks via our PMP site. We have the captcha (sp?) thingy but they still get through. The one this week sounds the same as yours Casscat - can't remember what the other one was about.
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

They're obviously being generated by a real person and not a bot Anne. Someone's cottage industry.