Just started! Views please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Soupdragon

Post by Soupdragon »

Hello Greenacre

I like the overall layout and I think you are getting on top of the navigation - I found the answers to most of my questions pretty quickly. I've checked the site on a MacBook (Chrome) and an iPhone, in both cases I haven't found any glitches.

Very nice logo too, which really puts a professional touch on it. A few things occur to me:

1) You know this: your photos need a bit of improvement. The lead landscape photo is a lovely composition but winter trees don't really say 'holiday' to me. I bet the same photo in the spring/summer would be beautiful.
2) likewise I agree that a pop out or other display would make it easier to appreciate the photos
3) it sounds as if your garden is an asset. Photos would be great and could make the most of a USP
4) have you considered a floorplan? Maybe it's me, but I find them extremely helpful for working out which room I specifically want ;-)

How did you make the site? Is it your own work or did you get a designer involved?
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

I like the overall design but I would echo what others have said about images. The header image is scaled up quite a bit in my browser making it look fuzzy and out of focus. The same goes for some of the pics in your blog posts. You need to make sure you are using appropriately sized images for the size they will be displayed on the site.
Greenacre

Post by Greenacre »

More thanks go to you all - it is very helpful to have fellow holiday let owners reviewing the website. I am still getting on to some high res photos so that is definitely an improvement that will be made soon. My son dabbles in websites and set it up from a basic Wordpress template. I have been the person updating it but I work full time so it is very much when I get round to it! I go through phases of being enthusiastic! The logo was done by my graphic designer daughter - she always does a great job!!