Mariane Fassare - UK Holidays

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Nemo

Mariane Fassare - UK Holidays

Post by Nemo »

Direct to my inbox
Hello,

Am from New York my name is Mariane Fassare am a Fashion Model,Please could you email me back and confirm if you have availability for the date (September 14th to 24th 2015)do email me back with price its just for me alone...i will be waiting to hear from you soonest.

You have a nice day..
Thanks so much..
Mariane Fassare.

Email: gri***h***hotel@gmail.com
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

'Am from...' seems to be this year's giveaway phrase, doesn't it?
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

gitemontjoly wrote:'Am from...' seems to be this year's giveaway phrase, doesn't it?
Like "your facility" was last year's catch phrase. Maybe, just maybe, this is a model hired for a photo shoot in your area of Norfolk in September, who wants somewhere to stay. If you have availability for her dates - and I don't think you have, having seen your recent posts on another thread with examples relating to your OD calendar - I can see no danger in following it up, because I can't see what the scam is, if it is one. Although one is left wondering how the lady knows your email address and what your property consists of.

Perhaps someone else on here has had a similar email from Mariane Fassare and then of course suspicions will be confirmed.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

AndrewH wrote:
Perhaps someone else on here has had a similar email from Mariane Fassare and then of course suspicions will be confirmed.
Yup.
Same "model", same dates, not Norfolk but Cumbria (so she might be modelling hat pegs), different email addresses from those sent to Nemo.

The key indicators, apart from too much irrelevant information, are the fact that it's sent to "undisclosed recipients" with a BCC and the totally different email addresses for "from" and "reply to", neither of which bear any resemblance to the name which could well be genuine - certainly sounds less like a fake than a lot.
It has exactly the same aroma as the recent one from "P***ick S***fer". Looks like a cottage industry employing people to send these things out? But what would I know.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

AndrewH wrote: If you have availability for her dates - and I don't think you have, having seen your recent posts on another thread with examples relating to your OD calendar - I can see no danger in following it up, because I can't see what the scam is, if it is one.
Not sure I quite agree - if I'm pretty sure it's a scam, I can't see the point of wasting my time on replying. I spend enough time replying to genuine enquiries who then, for whatever reason decide not to book, without further adding to my workload. But that's just me and perhaps I've missed the odd genuine enquiry in amongst the dross.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Today I received this message from some thoughtful person via an enquiry through my OD listing.

Mariane fassare sends fake payment cheques she or he is a scam tried to book with us

I have withheld the name of that correspondent, but an LMH member perhaps?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Maybe but would rather remain in the shadows I guess? There are more members who read and never participate, than us that spurt forth. That's why I post in the scam section as I know others will learn from it or may have a dodgy enquiry; google it and it brings them here.
Annew

Post by Annew »

I would suggest that a Fashion Model is much more exciting than a Greek Priest :wink:
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

We have just received the identical email - complete with same lack of a space here between the comma and the next word: Model,Please. Just a different name - Sancler Frantz and different dates! Again, to my personal email address.