matthew Turner

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
annafern

matthew Turner

Post by annafern »

Yes another scam email came through yesterday and I know it was quite obvious, but i did send a reply just to see what happened.

Here is the email i got and the first giveaway is the fact they are so flexible with dates and also the line' let me start by introducing myself'
Hello
Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Mathew Turner and I'm
interested in rent your accommodation for 1 week and i will like
start from,

Arrival Date: 10 October 2015
Depart Date: 17 October 2015
Number of Guest: 2 Adult

We are very flexible with dates and you can tell us the dates that
are available.

Send us the total cost of 7 nights and we can go ahead with the booking.
Thanks for your cooperation and we looking forward to your response.
Mathew Turner
I got the usual email back saying that would like to book but they will be sending a cheque for over the amount!! and could i forward him the balance!! ha ha very funny.

So my response these days to these scams emails is!!

' pull the other one its got bells on! Do you think we are completely stupid'

I have a signature at the bottom of my emails which covers legal requirements with mail sending and I now add a bit about all suspicious scam emails are passed on to the police! Just a threat but clearly these people are so hard faced they continue with the ridiculous scams and it does make you wonder how many people fall for it!!

His email is mathewturnner@gmail.com but i am sure now he will shut it down!

:shock:
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I'm always suspicious of emails from people with highly Anglicised names but very un-anglicised syntax.

"I'm interest in rent your accommodation."

"and I will like start from."

"we looking forward to your response."

This one would go straight into the spam drawer for me. Did it come through a listings site or via your own web site? If via the former I would, if unsure, reply only via the dashboard so the sender does not obtain your personal email address.