nena larry

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Dotty

nena larry

Post by Dotty »

Bonjour,
Suis intéressé à louer votre hébergement à partir de Septembre Sam 20ème au 24ème 2015. Nous sommes 2adults viennent quel est le coût total pour le
Date ? Revenez à moi peu de temps . Des cris de joie .
Nena
(nenalarry1960@gmail.com)

Came direct to my inbox, not via website or listing site.

Undisclosed recipents and BCC

French seemed a bit off to me, but I'm no expert.
Dates off and no indication that they know anything about my property.

Google search on the text didn't find anything.

A quick google search on the email addy (hence why I included it here) throws up warnings of overpayment scam from this email to B&Bs etc in Canada. The Canadian ones are in English though and use different names, eg Mr & Mrs Fournier Larry example here:
http://www.bbcanada.com/bb_bbdug_help_view.cfm?id=7716

Suspect its come as a result of answering some previous listing site enquiry.

Anyone else get this?
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Haven't had it myself but while initially I thought the French was no more dodgy than in some of the 100+ genuine enquiries we get throughout the summer, on second glance, I've never had one that capitalises the s in samedi, nor puts 'eme' after the date (standard is e.g. samedi le 15 au mardi le 18)... said le rather than la date or finished off with 'des cris de joie' (??!). Not even the significant number of Québécois we get enquiring, nor foreigners using Google translate have phrased emails like this... so you're probably right that it is a scam.