No Idea About This One

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Casscat wrote: I haven't had much luck with Spain-Holiday as yet - one booking from Danish holidaymakers - but when I listed my summer was already pretty much full.
30% of this years income for me came from SH. What I have found worked on two occasions now, was the special offer feature, which is free to use. Perhaps just luck but twice I've had a week still free that I really wanted to shift so put a discount offer on SH. Both times it worked. Yesterday, the last week in August, which refused to sell was snapped up by such an offer. I gave about 8% off. The enquiry was typical Spanish, arriving at 2:30am and demanding an urgent response. Then communications were a bit weird but it's all paid for now.

Another Spanish one in May sounded very suspicious, wanting just 2 days. I quoted them 80% of the weekly price to scare them away and they took it!

Dealing with enquiries nearly always brings no further response but the Spanish are definitely different. I assume it's because they are mostly non English speaking but trying to find places through English owners and websites. Hence they don't bother looking at calendars or maximum occupancy.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I actually have a free week from 13 Sept because I had booked two weeks for myself but now have to cut short due to selling my UK property. Perhaps I should list a 'special' on Spain-Holiday and see if anyone bites. Thanks for the tip! :D
joddle

Post by joddle »

Should not have spoken so soon! - today I got another query from a Spanish couple - they want the 5 days which are free on SH as a late offer and which have already had the price heavily reduced from the norm for the season - but then they are wanting an even further reduction because "there are only 2 of them" and they can't understand "how we arrive at the quoted price" - You just can't help some people!
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.