A tale of two changeovers

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Marks

A tale of two changeovers

Post by Marks »

Friday 7 August 2015
Two adults and two children departed in their car for France. Apart from a neatly stacked pile of towels and bedding no real evidence they had actually set foot in the apartment. Total respect for other people's property.

Total cleaning time 1 hour 30 minutes plus laundry.

Friday 14 August 2015
Two adults and two children departed for their flight back to Birmingham. What an absolute s***hole. Floor covered in debris and spillages, fridge door filthy, inside dirty with an inch of ice. Dirty crockery & cutlery put away. Microwave, toaster, kettle all dirty, bags of rubbish stacked up on balcony, kitchen work top covered in 'stuff'. Bathroom dirty, mirror caked with toothpaste, revolting stains on toilet seat and lid. Bed linen covered in numerous stains currently being boiled. Solarium and balcony dirty, tiles covered in assorted stains. Various small breakages. No respect whatsoever for other people's property.

Total cleaning time 5 hours 30 minutes plus laundry.

:roll:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

:cry: :cry: :cry: . My only really dirty guests were also British and from Birmingham (a vicar and family). My best were French holiday home owners who'd also folded all the bed linen neatly and even polished windows and mirrors.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I have only had UK guests so far and I have to say there is no commonality on nationality grounds. Some have left the property immaculate and others have left it like a complete and utter dump.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I don't think I could ever be an onsite owner. I really don't want to know.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Just so I can be sure which nationality to flag as "NO WAY", is that Birmingham, Alabama, or Birmingham, England, or both?
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Cymraes wrote:I don't think I could ever be an onsite owner. I really don't want to know.
I'm not on site, but my manager takes great pleasure in WhatApping me photos of the worst that my guests leave behind :roll: I really wish he wouldn't.
Ele

Post by Ele »

Our best - French and Germans.
Worst - English and Irish. If they are doctors as well then based on our experience be very afraid (!!)
gh

Post by gh »

I really think its down to the adults in the party and their mind set as to how they respect our rentals. Whether they are highly paid or lower paid individuals it makes no difference as to how they respect our rentals, nor what country they come from. Good and bad in each in my experience.

The worst guests we have had so far over 12 yrs were - doctors UK (disgustingly filthy) lawyers USA (extremely threating to our manager) 3 generation family UK & Belgium (stealing) Pilot Ireland (arrested drunk driving)
A few great guests in this time were - ACC police UK, teacher France, admin assist Dutch, Oil worker Ireland.

Though I would have French guests every time! So glad we are not on site I would blow a fuse at these disrespectful people.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've had those messy doctors stay, too, funny that.
But in the end it evens itself out, some guests are very clean, some very dirty, most in the middle. I hate to think of the squalor that some people must live in if their own houses are as dirty as they leave mine. I just couldn't go 2 weeks without so much as sweeping or vacuuming the floor.
Circé

Post by Circé »

BEST guests EVER were a group of final year MEDICAL students partying until they got their finals results midweek, then WHOO! even bigger party... and the house sleeping 14 with 5 bathrooms, pool etc was IMMACULATE
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Just goes to show, you can't stereotype. But GENERALLY my French guests are extremely clean. With others it is more variable.
gh

Post by gh »

Circé wrote:BEST guests EVER were a group of final year MEDICAL students partying until they got their finals results midweek, then WHOO! even bigger party... and the house sleeping 14 with 5 bathrooms, pool etc was IMMACULATE
Circe don't get the pool clean bit, do you not have some one/pool guy to clean your pool?
Our doctors (anaesthetist & surgeon) had both a nanny & a housekeeper at home, oh how they missed them on holiday. :lol:

Hope they washed their hands before operating, definitely do I suspect; just the home situation they are very lax with.
:P
la vache! wrote:Just goes to show, you can't stereotype.
Wasn't stereotyping at all LV I mentioned various nationalities/occupations, where did you get that from? Just saying who was worst/best guests in 12 yrs!
Edit: did you mean Circe post perhaps.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

gh wrote: Wasn't stereotyping at all LV I mentioned various nationalities/occupations, where did you get that from? Just saying who was worst/best guests in 12 yrs!
Edit: did you mean Circe post perhaps.
Not getting at you at all, yes referring to Circé's post, I've had dirty doctors, she hasn't, so you can't stereotype professions or nationalities...but I know from experience that generally my French guests are a lot cleaner than other guests.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

la vache! wrote:Just goes to show, you can't stereotype. But GENERALLY my French guests are extremely clean. With others it is more variable.
I agree 100%. The French are messier "à la table", though. :D
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Cassis wrote:
la vache! wrote:Just goes to show, you can't stereotype. But GENERALLY my French guests are extremely clean. With others it is more variable.
I agree 100%. The French are messier "à la table", though. :D
But surely that's just the healthy enjoyment of food and wine for which the French are famous :wink: