A tale of two changeovers

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

Ninety nine percent of my guests are Scottish. About ninety percent of those[ are Glaswegian- Millport is a popular place but well kept secret! The level of cleanliness varies massively- some changeovers require almost nothing bar strip the beds and check everything carefully - some need a white bio hazard suit and four f?hours.
Maybe if anybody has any French guests that they want to lend me?
I reckon it's just different strokes for different folks... :)
joddle

Post by joddle »

We have notes in our T&Cs and in the kitchen and in the leaflet we send out before visits explaining that if cleaners have to remove rubbish or clean out fridges or freezers then deductions will be taken from the deposit. We also warn of stains to towels and sheets and furniture in a similar way.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

We have wording in the house that says they should leave it as they found it including kitchen appliances, oven, hob and barbeque and the bathrooms/loo, emptying bins and removing rubbish. I make the point that if they've cleaned as they go it shouldn't be too big a task.

I also say that 'excess' cleaning required after their departure will be charged.

In a hotel one just walks away. In self-catering one does not. Simples!
lorca

Post by lorca »

After 10 years of letting to a very wide range of nationalities, for us ( avoiding generalisations :wink: ) our French guests are a Godsend. Mostly they come to our big house in the summer - they usually drive down - often two or three generations. They nearly always leave the house spotless. Changeovers in 40 degrees aren't much fun and they make it sooo much easier. At the other extreme, Brits and Belgians are ...er unpredictable re cleanliness - and more likely to want things to be the way they have them a home (ie the "right" sort of tea towels and "dishcloths" etc). We've had both sorts of doctors....But that's just our experience.....
If not now, when?
Annew

Post by Annew »

I don't really have an optinion about nationality or occupation of guests (although I wish Americans would learn to recycle!!) , but I absolutely love guests who bring Granny as they tend to be in charge and leave everywhere immaculate!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!