PNG Document

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
pambon

PNG Document

Post by pambon »

I have been sent a document in PNG format which I am unable to print, why?
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Because it is a graphic file. Try placing it in a document in Word or Publisher then printing.
pambon

Post by pambon »

How do I do that?
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

What happens when you try and open it?

Do you use Word? If you insert as if it were a photo into a document. Or if you don't Google Documents are free and like an online MS Office. If you get really stuck you can email it to me and I'll put it into a doc, convert it to a PDF (which will be easy to print) and send back.
pambon

Post by pambon »

just tried converting it to word through a site that does this from PNG to word, but nothing came up, just blank page.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Thanks GL, will pm you.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Right click on it then Click "Open with ..." and open it in Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Windows Photo Gallery or any other visual media reader. Whatever you normally use to look at photos will work.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
pambon

Post by pambon »

It's actually a short letter not a picture Cassis. But I have tried to print out other documents, and I even managed to copy and paste the letter into a Word document but the printer puts everything into a queue and refuses to print anything.

Will get the printer seen to sometime soon........fed up.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Try the classic - shut everything down and start again. It should clear your printer queue and it may work. Good luck!
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

pambon wrote:It's actually a short letter not a picture Cassis.
I don't understand. I thought you said it was a png file. A png file is a graphic file. It could be a picture of a letter but it is not a document if it is a png file.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
pambon

Post by pambon »

It is a PNG file but a short three lined note......

However, the peroblem is dfinitely the printer that is not working as it's not printing anything.

Have tried shutting everything down and re-booting.....no can do.

Thanks for all the suggestions, but will contact the assistance later in the week:( This printer has caused me some headaches recently so am a bit fed up......
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

An outside chance it's the same thing but ...

I had a similar problem with a printer - turned out to be the print spooler service that kept stopping.

If you google 'restart the print spooler' for the version of Windows that you're using, it'll show you how to check it - sorry, I'm supposed to be somewhere else otherwise I'd do it for you!
pambon

Post by pambon »

Thanks FC, think I'll leave it to the experts! A friend of mine has printed the note out with no problem and I will collect it tomorrow morning.

Am away next week for a short break - much needed as I'm really stressed out at the moment with too many unpleasant things going on:(

Now off to prepare the supper.....