Scam enquirer who can't count.

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Bunny

Scam enquirer who can't count.

Post by Bunny »

lloyd_d*wson3@yah*o.co.uk

Sir/Madam

We will need accommodation for eight adults(four male & four female)coming to your place on a visit. We would require 3 "double rooms" and one suite for the eight guest.
Arrival/Check in: 7th of Nov , 2015.
Departure/Check out: is 21st of Nov, 2015.
Number of Weeks; 2 weeks
Number of nights; 14 nights.
What is the total cost.............?Euros, Pounds or USD
Please confirm if you have accommodation on the stipulated dates and get back to me with the total cost as soon as possible. Do calculate the total cost yourself while replying to this mail, please.

Regards,
Lloyd D*wson

So where is the 7th guest sleeping? :lol:
T.S.

Post by T.S. »

My guess is the enquirer expects each double room to have two beds and the suite to have a large bed that sleeps two. The seventh guest would sleep with the eighth guest in the suite. Or am I missing something? :?:
T.S.

Post by T.S. »

Oh, now I think I see what you found amusing. But I'm curious about what makes this particular inquiry stand out as a potential scam. All I noticed was the "Do calculate the total cost yourself" seemed unusual.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

It is a very generic enquiry that came straight into my spam box. The enquiry does not fit what I offer and phrases such as 'your place' are commonly used by scammers because they are sending the enquiry to a huge number of properties and have no idea of where they are enquiring. "get back to me as soon as possible" is also another typical scam phrase. The whole email has scam written all over it.
T.S.

Post by T.S. »

Got it. Thanks!