"Adam" and his tricks

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
AndrewH

"Adam" and his tricks

Post by AndrewH »

Hi,

We would like to book your place for two weeks but i am having some problems in finding the exact location of the property on google maps. I was trying to locate the property using the map on the listing, but it does not seem to be the one that I am interested in. Could you confirm that the following link on Google Maps shows the correct location of your property? Is it the one tagged with the red marker? If not, can you please give me the exact coordinates?

http://xxxx.google.con.xxxxxxx.com/photo.php?40.4456689-3.7871091,584&id=YXRoZW5hZ3JlZWNlQGZhc3RtYWlsLmNvLnVrDQ==

Hoping to hear from you shortly.

Best wishes,
Adam

The familiar Google map scam and Adam was so busy that he sent me, on the same day, a second email with the same wording but from a different address. It had a different heading and a slightly different dodgy link to another website. I think "google.con" is the giveaway!

I believe that my email address was phished a year ago when I received two enquiries on the same day via Owners Direct. They were from 'different' people with different email addresses, but they had the same wording, requesting dates which were already booked and I emailed replies telling them so.

Does anyone know what, if anything, I can do to have the two scam websites taken down or at least warned against?
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

No idea what you can do about it except ignore it. I had the same enquiry this week and suspect it also came via OD.