Force Travel & Leisure

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Ciapolin

Force Travel & Leisure

Post by Ciapolin »

I have had a couple of calls from these people this week offering to market my apartments. Aparently they work exclusively with the police and according to the sales person they only list 10 properties in each area. They only go on recomendations, although when I asked, they couldn't tell me who had recommended us.

They aren't cheap (£199 per year) and my instinct is not to go with them, but I wondered if anyone else had come across them?
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Carole-Anne, I haven't heard of them, and obviously we can't even look at their site, as we're not police officers. I'll ask about, as we have a lot of them around here (police hq nearby). I suppose it should give you peace of mind though, that your property will be well looked after,i but what will your head of security think?
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

He'll probably be happier than he is at the moment - we have a family staying at the moment with a particulary precocious daughter who knocks at our door several times a day wanting him to play with her - as she runs round the corner shouting 'Gordon', I swear he disappears and hides!

On the listing site, the salesman is calling back on Monday and is going to give me a special access so I can look at the site. As you say it isn't available for general access.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My cousin is married to a policeman,I'll ask if they've heard of it.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I had a lengthy and somewhat frustrating conversation with the salesman and his manager again yesterday!

Their special half price offer is £199 per apartment and you have to sign up for 2 years - so it would actually cost me £1200 to advertise! I told them this was way too much and that I really wasn't interested, especially as they have no track record that I can see. The manager told me they could guarantee sales of £3000 - £4000 per year, but stangely enough was unwilling to underwrite this for me! They also had no properties advertised in Italy yet!

This company was extremely pushy, even when I said 'no'. I did my best to remain calm and polite, but the conversation ended with the manager being extremely rude and telling me he was off to speak to my competitors and that I had lost out! - He's hoping if he thinks anyone here will pay that sort of money!

If anyone is interested in having a look, the web address is ftandl.co.uk and the login you need is 'pcone'.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Allo Allo Allo
This all sounds a bit dodgy to me
If they can guarantee that amount of bookings & they only advertise to the Police
Maybe the Chief of Police should be contacted as all the forces policenman will be heading off to Italy as we speak
So he will have to bring in reinforcements

Seriously though with this amount of Hard Sell[or should it be Cell????]
Desperation comes to mind, When Im being hassled I find a smartly put down phone usually does the trick.[Mind you I usually carry on the conversation with a few well chosen words once Ive hung up]
Dont know why but it makes me feel better!!

Regards Ros
memes

Post by memes »

They called and emailed me this week - really quite pushy. Told em I thought they were very expensive for such a limited market. Not sure if I fancy having a load of coppers in my house anyway - sure someone mentioned avoiding big groups of police or doctors - they always leave a terrible mess!
Would love to know if anyone has had any success with them - could not see why police would want to use their site anyway - its not as if they get a special deal by going with them - my price is the same on all the sites I go on.
M
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've received an email this week too - and following advice from someone else who received it back in the summer - they checked into it with quite a few policemen they knew and no-one had ever heard of it. I think it is very expensive and I don't like agressive sales tactics!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Susan :)
Hope they didnt say theyd send the heavy mob round :roll: :cry:
Phoenix71011

Post by Phoenix71011 »

They have been in touch with me too over the past few days.
So far he has rung me without fail for three days.

I've looked on the supplied link and it looks as if there is a £50 offer...maybe I should check it again!

And having coppers within the family, I would be very reluctant to hire my place to any groups of policemen...they can play very hard!! I've heard too many stories!
Cheers Phoenix
levelsteps

Post by levelsteps »

I had emails from them some months ago, but no phone calls.

I didn't go with them and I am an ex Copper.

Allan
Huelgoat, Brittany, France.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Allan,
had you heard of them and do you know if they are genuine?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Had a phone call today :)

Not sure if it was this lot but he got as far as do you want to rent out another 8 weeks a year and I hung up,usually does the trick :wink: :roll:
levelsteps

Post by levelsteps »

Susan wrote:Allan,
had you heard of them and do you know if they are genuine?
I had never heard of them - but I left in 1998.
rosario

Post by rosario »

Last May or June I received a call from them, but not being a native English speaker I cannot give many details. He called back at least 3 or 4 times, trying to convinced us, and he argued that as policemen have more holidays that the rest of the people, that is why you can get so many bookings. Anyway we considered it too expensive, and the man on the phone so agressive.