Another weird OD/HA enquiry - Michele Goodman

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Another weird OD/HA enquiry - Michele Goodman

Post by Sam V »

Three days ago I received an enquiry from a Michele Goodman in my OD inbox but showing as from HA not OD. I've had a similar enquiry recently which turned out to be a scam enq. and find it odd as I have two separate subscription accounts with both OD and HA.

She wants to book 7 nights in Feb 2016 for two. I replied direct from my OD dashboard and yesterday sent a follow up via PIMS which now uses my web email address.

Today I received a reply direct to my personal hotmail address which has not been made available to her at any time but is registered to my OD account details (as happened in previous scam)

RE: Your inquiry: Feb 1 through 8 - HomeAway.com #P7192

Hello

Thanks for the updated information.We are okay with the accommodation and cost .I'll make an arrangement with our Accountant to make and mail a Bank Check for the full amount through Regular Mail so we can be assured of our reservation.I don't have access to a bank transfer nor pay pal account.I can only instruct my Accountant to issue the Bank check in UK pounds for easy cashing at your bank so i hope you can understand.So provide me with the information she need below:

She will need the above information...
YOUR FULL NAME
BILLING ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
ZIP CODE
PHONE NUMBER /CELL PHONE

We would also like to confirm the reservation on the following information:

Mr & Mrs Michele Goodman
26 Dnistrovskа Street
Ivano-Frankivsk 76018.
Ukraine,

Hope to hear from you soon

Best Regards

Michele Goodman
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 03:57:41 -0500
To: cheleod@outlook.com
Subject: Re: Your inquiry: Feb 1 through 8 - HomeAway.com #P7192

HomeAway.com
Our Family of Brands
My property is available for your dates

Property
Unit
Unit #3380513
Dates
Feb 1-8, 2016 , 7 nights
Guests
2 adults, 0 children
Owner name
Mrs Sam Veal
Dear Michele

Thank you for your enquiry for 8048391 , 01-Feb-2016 - 08-Feb-2016

I'll send you a reply with a full quote direct from our own email as we use our own booking system . Please check your junk mail in case it arrives there.'

Kind regards

Sam Veal
Algarvevillatrinity

Your quote

Rental Amount
Feb 1, 2016 - Feb 8, 2016
£550.00
Sub-Total
£550.00
Refundable Damage Deposit
£300.00
Total / Total (with refundable deposit)
£550.00 / £850.00
If you are satisfied with the quote and would like to book this rental, click the 'Book Now' button to request to pay online
Book Now

Cancellation Policy:
Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of the stay will receive a 100.00% refund.
Cancellations must be made by 12:00 PM CST (Central Standard Time) on the appropriate day.
Pay securely

Before making a payment, always call the owner or manager at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate. Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Learn more
Download the HomeAway mobile app so you can find and book your next vacation rental quickly and easily... no matter where you are!

Facebook Pinterest Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Instagram Tumblr YouTube
© 2015 HomeAway.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
HomeAway and the HomeAway logos are trademarks of HomeAway.com, Inc.
HomeAway.com, Inc. is located at 1011 West Fifth Street, Suite 300, Austin, Texas, 78703.
This email was sent to cheleod@outlook.com.
View our Privacy Statement | Contact Us | Terms & Conditions
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com