owner direct....one great big sigh!!!!!!

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
pujols

owner direct....one great big sigh!!!!!!

Post by pujols »

I find the new system/s of OD totally unsuitable for me.
However after receiving no enquiries for months I received one 3 days ago.
Wanting to get to grips with the method of dealing with enquiries I rang OD and got advise......and yes the enquiry looked legit. We did this and that and I replied to the would be holidaymaker.
After doing more research I find a person with the enquirier's name based in another region here in France. Left a message for her and she returned my call informing me that there had been several similar cases and she was going to speak to OD.
But the this enquiry was an attempt to scam. I wanted to know
more.

Well OD do not care. They had not returned this persons call and
refused to put me in touch with a supervisor.
I will not be renewing my contract with them.
Infact I may escape imminently.
It is really unsuitable;
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Lost me completely
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Me too :cry:

Mouse
x
Last edited by Mouse on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
tavi

Post by tavi »

Whatever the story is, I'm afraid that OD is now part of a global organisation. They won't care two hoots about a few scam enquiries, or even the person whose identity was used for this scam (if that's what happened).

They are too busy changing their system to maximise profit - automated, online, with little or no personal communication - ...except perhaps with a call centre in India for the future?

Sad.
pujols

Post by pujols »

It is not that easy to describe scams and how OD deal with them.
But even if you did not understand my post you get the general idea.....I am sure.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I could be wrong and I could be completely taken in by corporate marketing BS, but I do believe that this is an area that sets apart the mighty HomeAway group from their super-upstart competitors at Airbnb. AB do seem to take scams seriously and do seem to have put somewhat more emphasis on resourcing assistance for both owners and guests.

Of course, like all big companies, they screw up occasionally and like all red tops, the Mail will pick up on the slightest whiff of a story and big it out of all proportion.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !