Bjørn Magnus Kristensen - rental scam Costa Blanca area

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Julian Moseley

Bjørn Magnus Kristensen - rental scam Costa Blanca area

Post by Julian Moseley »

Beware of a Norwegian couple scamming property owners in the Costa Blanca area. They pretend they have sent the money by bank transfer but it never arrives. Or they move in and stop paying after one month. They pretend they are looking to buy a place. They have scammed many people in Norway already (Sarsborg) and now they are up the same tricks in Spain!

His name is BJORN MAGNUS KRISTENSEN and hers is ANNETTE BEATRICE KRONHOLM. They have a small dog with them, are well spoken and seem very nice.

For more details, go here:

https://www.facebook.com/annette.kronholm?fref=ts

http://svindel3.webnode.com/gjestebok/
Last edited by Julian Moseley on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
WayTooTrustingOfPeople
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Although I sympathise with your loss, I am also dumbfounded that you actually let them into your house after several failed bank transfers and excuses. All the warning signs were there.

Hopefully you've learned something by the experience and at least your post might warn others not to let their guard down.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Oh dear, how horrid and stressful for you. However, you've now learnt a hard lesson - no pay, no stay!

We've lost bookings (and felt right old meanies) because we've stuck to our T&Cs of money in full before we hand over the keys.

By the way, welcome to LMH - you'll pick up loads of advice and helpful tips on here. :D
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Julian Moseley

Post by Julian Moseley »

You are totally right - it was indeed very foolish of me. I guess that after renting for 10 years and never having this type of problem, my guard was down. Also they are very good at what they do. They came to see the place on Friday, and were set to move in on Monday, paying the full amount in cash. Monday came and he called me saying that they had found all the banks closed - it was indeed a bank holiday that day which I also was unaware of. He offered to pay by transfer instead and quickly sent the confirmation together with a copy of his passport. It seemed legit, so we agreed to give them the keys that day. So they were already in the apartment when the problems started. I spoke with the person who set up the svindel web page and he says Bjorn has been a crook since he was 18 years old. He's stolen a lot from his first wife and even his own family. Also from the son of his present girlfriend. It's just an incredible story. They must have loads of cash stashed away by now. Apparently the Norwegian police are onto him.
WayTooTrustingOfPeople
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

What a dreadful experience for you. I can imagine the stress you must have put yourself under too. Yes we all learn lessons as we go through life but these type of people search out trusting individuals like yourself.

What must their lives be like running from crisis to crisis and living a scam? Perhaps he's an adrenaline junkie who has to have constant drama in his life. Who knows.

Hopefully he/they will get their comeuppance soon.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!