Steven Hadland, Trip Advisor

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
brendan

Steven Hadland, Trip Advisor

Post by brendan »

Presume this is a scam!

For Immediate Response
Remove Duplicate Property!
Dear Customer,

I'm Steven Hadland and i'm a member of TripAdvisor advertise support.

Earlier this week, we publicly shared our 2016 plans and made an exciting announcement that TripAdvisor has signed an agreement to become part of the Expedia family. This decision was not taken lightly and I am convinced it is the right one for our company, our employees, and most importantly for you, our customers.

Together, we have built TripAdvisor into the world’s largest holiday rental marketplace and we remain totally committed to helping each visitor book the perfect holiday home with you, our valued owners and property managers.

We have reason to believe that on your account you have a duplicate property that don't belong to you. I kindly ask you to confirm if this is your property in order to advertise also on all our TripAdvisor platform!

You can verify on http://tripadvisor.com-property.rentals (ID NO:)

Notice: If you have problems to open it you can copy/paste on your browser.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to suspend your account.

In partnership with Expedia, we plan to drive even more travellers to your holiday rental listing than ever before. You may know that Expedia also owns Orbitz, Travelocity, Trivago, and other leading travel brands.

Once the transaction closes, we believe the combined network of TripAdvisor and Expedia will offer exposure that is second to none for holiday rental owners and managers. We also look forward to leveraging Expedia technology and expertise to make our products better than they are today.

TripAdvisor will continue to operate as TripAdvisor, and our commitment to you will not change. Your success is our top priority, and we will be here to support you any time you need us.

Sincerly,
Steven Hadland

Trust and Safety Team

TripAdvisor
Bree

Post by Bree »

Yes I have had the exact same email same person same wording. I would think it is a scam as I don't have a duplicate account.
tavi

Post by tavi »

I would say yes - 100% certain it's a scam.
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

I've had it too - twice.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Been doing the rounds for a week or so:

viewtopic.php?t=25639

Maybe Steve Hadland has replaced Morag Cleland at TripAdvisor :wink:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Yep been going a while now.