annemartin12@zoho.com

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Casscat

annemartin12@zoho.com

Post by Casscat »

Direct to my personal email:

"Hello,

My name is Anne
I am interested in your property.
I have a party of 4 guests
Arrival – June 07,2016
Departure June 14, 2016
Or any week you have available in September? I look forward to hearing back from you

Sincerely
Anne"

I've not come across zoho mail before. Is this the successor to hotmail for scammers?

No suggestion of which site they saw my ad on, but it must have been one without a bookings calendar on it :roll:
Marks

Post by Marks »

She's been on to me as well 8)
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Ele

Post by Ele »

Me too, exactly the same. Seems we are on the same scammy list as I think this has happened before Casscat and Marks!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Spain seems to be the theme. Do you both list on spain-holiday?
Ele

Post by Ele »

Yes to Spain-Holiday - but where do the scammers get our direct email address from?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Your email address is shown on the site. I think spain-holiday pulled owner phone numbers off the site recently because of a wide scale scam assault, but not the email addresses. I think maybe you should alert them. My ad is no longer live (subscription ended last week) but clearly the scammers have a library of email addresses they are sharing.
Marks

Post by Marks »

My email address does not show on my SH page.

For phone numbers you can choose to show on website, never show on website or show only to users who send an enquiry. You can find these options in your account under security.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Ele

Post by Ele »

My email address does not show on my SH page.
Same here, no email address showing.
Ele

Post by Ele »

Reported to SH and got confirmation that it is phishing. Here's an extract of their reply FYI.

"We have filtered out all the senders of this domain @zoho.com and they will no longer be sent to the owners. We of course don’t show the email address online, we have never done this. But hackers have a list of emails ready to target and they keep on sending spam emails to all those emails that belong to home owners. Not reacting on them in any way and blocking them will eventually make them stop (I hope), the problem is that every week there are several owners who do believe that these emails are genuine and communicate with the hackers. If no-one would do that, it would stop quicker."
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I too wondered how they got my email address for this one. It's not shown on any advert and it's not the one I reply from. It's one I use to register for advertising.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I reported the sender to zoho. They have replied asking for the full email header, but I think I may have deleted dear Anne.
Ele

Post by Ele »

Is this what they need?
annemartin12@zoho.com
Subject: Is available for this period ?
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Ele wrote:Is this what they need?
annemartin12@zoho.com
Subject: Is available for this period ?
Nope. It would be the full email header with ip addresses, routes and server names. Normally this information is hidden.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Here's what Zoho sent me:

Dear User,

Thanks for reporting to us.

In order to analyze on this issue further, could you please send us the original mail header(s), of the mail along with the content, which you have received, so that we could investigate and do the needful.

To get the mail header go through the https://www.zoho.com/campaigns/help/mes ... aders.html

Looking forward to assist you!

Thanks & Regards,

Umapathi L|Zoho Abuse Monitoring Desk
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

kevsboredagain wrote:I too wondered how they got my email address for this one. It's not shown on any advert and it's not the one I reply from. It's one I use to register for advertising.
Now this is getting curiouser and curiouser.....