Booking.com - no, I don't want a flat full of dead hookers

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
edinburgh

Booking.com - no, I don't want a flat full of dead hookers

Post by edinburgh »

Booking.com seem to think last minute guests, with no credit card and no name or address is a good idea:

edinburgh

Post by edinburgh »

Oops, wrong forum category
russellt

Post by russellt »

Obscene commoditisation of the accommodation marketplace.

They don't care who turns up, as long as the fee has been paid.

Maybe we should all put our garden sheds on booking.com and see what quality we can attract.
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Over a third of reservations for what?
Probably hotels, probably single or couple bookings.

They really don't get it when it comes to private rentals. I thought marketing was all about targeting..... :wink:

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Do these listing sites compete for the most absurd ideas? Imbeciles, the lot of them. :roll:
Essar

Post by Essar »

Although, BC has over 43% of their properties listed as Holiday Rentals (their figures), they seem to be fixated with hotels, rooms & hotel extras. Their staff can't come to terms with the fact that HR accommodation and the travellers that use them are different. I have had guests book a 2 bedroom apartment through BC and have it confirmed as 2 rooms - evidently they are working on it (that was 6-months ago).

Emails are often headed "Dear Hotel partner" - straight in the junk folder.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

... and we don't even hate them as much as the hoteliers do!
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Julian54

Re: Booking.com - no, I don't want a flat full of dead hooke

Post by Julian54 »

edinburgh wrote:Booking.com seem to think last minute guests, with no credit card and no name or address is a good idea:

I like this concept!

comment blanchir les dents
blanchiment des dents au laser
facette dentaire
prothèse dentaire
Last edited by Julian54 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Am so glad I'm not with them - everything I hear is bad ir seems.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Going on from above. If Booking.com is so bad why list with them? Everyone here is in business, and where you gain your customers from is crucial. The question should be does it work for you? If not then walk away and go with a portal that does. Life is too short to worry about round robin emails.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
GRL

Post by GRL »

casasantoestevo wrote:Going on from above. If Booking.com is so bad why list with them? Everyone here is in business, and where you gain your customers from is crucial. The question should be does it work for you? If not then walk away and go with a portal that does. Life is too short to worry about round robin emails.
I tried it - they messed up with dates and double booked me - it was stressful. I hated it anyway and never got any more enquiries. I left.

Same with OD - I would love them to have stayed how they were but they haven't and so it was also good bye.

I am not as busy as previous years but I am gradually picking up bookings from other portals.

It's not how I would like it to be but it is how it is so I am doing my best off a bad year.
edinburgh

Post by edinburgh »

Oh gosh, I didn't mean to poo on anyone's breakfast.

Anyway, I like much of booking.com but I don't see why I shouldn't point point out their crazy schemes as and when they send them to me.

Have you never worked with someone you're fond of but keeps making amusing mistakes?
CSE

Post by CSE »

We had the same email, and I expect just like all of their customers. It would not work for us either but never really saw the need to start a conversation about it. It ended up where alot of the junkmail ends in the rubbish bin.
Now you talk about poo on breakfast, it was not ours but our guests, will you pay for the damages??? :wink: :lol: :lol:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

casasantoestevo wrote:It would not work for us either but never really saw the need to start a conversation about it.
You do realise that joining in any conversation topic is optional? :lol: :wink:
edinburgh

Post by edinburgh »

casasantoestevo wrote: Now you talk about poo on breakfast, it was not ours but our guests, will you pay for the damages???
Damages? Advertised in the right place, I'm sure people would pay a premium for it....