Angelina Piper

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Angelina Piper

Post by Sam V »

Angelina Piper emailed me last Tuesday

Hello,

We are looking for a rental for this summer. We have a son and a daughter (10 and 12). Can you please let me know if your place is available for 7 nights, starting July the 10th? If not, or any week you have available in August? Thank you back to confirm their availability and the total amount of rental.

Regards,

Angelina

I replied those dates were actually booked and we are full this season and suggested she could book early for next year. Today I received this reply:

Hi again,

I am happy to advise that we successfully decided to book your property.
Please see in the attached reservation request the name of the property, dates, names and phone numbers of our family members so you can edit the booking confirmation properly.
If the dates are booked already please let me know so we can work something out. If something else is needed please advise.
Sincerly

Sent from my iPhone

So two word docs plus, a new one on me, an ID card of 'Angelina'.
I'm aware of this scam, I've not opened anything, but just in case it is a genuine enquiry, I replied that if her booking is genuine to request my booking form and provide the dates she's referring to as I'm aware of the scam. So I'll see if I get any further response.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
stork

Post by stork »

Interesting - Angelina has been writing to me, it is now two couples with 1-yo girls travelling. I wrote there was only something available the week after, but she wants to book anyway and asks for my bank details to book that way.

Now, in this country there should be no risk in giving you IBAN, plenty of companies have that on their invoices. I had a booking overlapping so we have to see if they are super flexible.

PS: "We have successfully decided to book" - congratulations, well done. Was it a hard decision?
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

stork wrote:Interesting - Angelina has been writing to me, it is now two couples with 1-yo girls travelling. I wrote there was only something available the week after, but she wants to book anyway and asks for my bank details to book that way.

Now, in this country there should be no risk in giving you IBAN, plenty of companies have that on their invoices. I had a booking overlapping so we have to see if they are super flexible.

PS: "We have successfully decided to book" - congratulations, well done. Was it a hard decision?
Giver her a break, it's only taken her since Apri!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com