Mobile App

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
mmg

Mobile App

Post by mmg »

Just received an email with the heading: I've made your mobile app, I hope you like it.

From somebody I've never heard of at appinstitute.co.uk

I haven't asked for an app but I'm curious, will anything terrible befall my laptop if I open it?

TIA
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

More than likely a scam, I would advise not to open it. Unless you are expecting something from someone then I would be very wary about opening and attachments.
salmoncottage

Post by salmoncottage »

mmg, you could reply saying 'I've just made you a pot of tripe and onions, I hope you like it; give me your bank numbers and passwords so I can dispatch it to you forthwith' then wait for a reply.....................
Just kidding dont do that.
'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside'
tavi

Post by tavi »

No, do not open it. At best it's just a fake log-in page (phishing for your passwords) but, could be something else.

a friend of mine had an email headed "here are the photos"

As she was expecting someone to send her photos she clicked to open without thinking first - her entire computer shut down...I've no idea exactly what was done to it but she had to get someone in to repair the damage.
mmg

Post by mmg »

Thanks all for your replies, have deleted email - although I did like Salmon's idea :wink: