This issue of Hybrid cars & T & C's

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
chipiechoo

This issue of Hybrid cars & T & C's

Post by chipiechoo »

We make no mention of electricity charges on our terms and conditions, overall it balances out sometimes we win and other times of the year we don't.
But, having read previous postings are wondering if we should add something to our T & C's regarding Hybrid cars, any thoughts from others on what the wording should be? Or even if it is really necessary.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I may have to add something that it is not possible to charge an electric or hybrid vehicle as it is too far from our parking space to plug one in. There are charging points in the area though, so perhaps if we are saying they can't charge the vehicles, we should be directing them to places that they can.
chipiechoo

Post by chipiechoo »

Thank you HelenB good point, that we can do and it is at the nearest E.Leclerc's.
joddle

Post by joddle »

I think the expectation of people with hybrid and electric cars is too high. No one would expect you to provide a petrol pump to fill up their car so why would you expect to be able to top up you car with electricity? In my T&Cs I state clearly we do not provide a charging point and that it is not possible to charge cars on the premises as there is no socket anywhere near where cars are parked (and unsaid I don't want to subside their motoring costs anyway and I have a limit from the smart meter on the electrical capacity of the property anyway which is pretty light).

I am not however unsympathetic to people providing a charging point and advertising the fact they have that facility and of course they no doubt factor in the costs when quoting for a rental. If it was economic to do so I would also consider providing such a facility but to date no one has ever asked for it so for me it would seem to be a waste of effort.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.