Fire Extinguisher

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
sunflower1963

Fire Extinguisher

Post by sunflower1963 »

I think I have read that you need a fire extinguisher for a rural property in Andalucia. I can´t find the information on it now. Does anyone know what size extinguisher you need to get. Thank you.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

There is probably a specification, but I just have a couple that I bought from IKEA plus a fire blanket. My property has been inspected on behalf of the Junta de Andalucia and my extinguishers were not queried.
Vera

Post by Vera »

We have ones that Lidl has in their offers. I haven't seen a required spec on them.

Does anyone know what the required contents of the first aid kit are for rural properties?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Vera wrote: Does anyone know what the required contents of the first aid kit are for rural properties?
The rules just say 'full' I think, but without a list of required contents. Presumably one of the larger, rigid first aid boxes, but I just have a squashy one with a fair amount of kit in it. All the common sense stuff should be there, but you won't need a defibrillator, scalpels and suturing equipment! :D
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

If you go to any Farmacy and ask for a "botikin" (I think that's how you spell it). There is a standard Spanish version.
CSE

Post by CSE »

These questions about fire extinguisher and first aid box should be asked to those that issue the licence.
We have to have several around the house and they are the full sized ones you see in all buildings open to the public. These are checked every year because the regulations say so and because our insurance requires it.
The charge is 8 euros per fire extinguisher and we have 5. No money at all.
The Spanish for is extintor look that ups with your local town and you will see suppliers.
Do not forget that there four different types to cover different scenarios. The small ones, IMHO are not good especially if the fire brigade will take time to arrive at your property/livelihood.
We purchased a fire blanket for the kitchen even those it is not a requirement.
The contents of a first aid box will need changing at some time too. The word is actually botiquin in Spanish.
We do not think the content of ours is given by law. But to cover ourselves we restocked ours with a kit meant for businesses.
Expect that these sort of things are coved by some sort of other law/regulation, hence the reason why there is no details given as to what or how many should be included with the new regulations.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Yes. Casa is spot on. Sorry about the miss-spelling. It's pronounced botty-keen.
CSE

Post by CSE »

costa-brava wrote:Yes. Casa is spot on. Sorry about the miss-spelling. It's pronounced botty-keen.
Can you say botty around here??? :lol:
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Get them serviced every year, even if the needle if in the green.
Cheers
PC
CSE

Post by CSE »

Good point Paul. We also forget to add that when ours are in for the annual check up they provide us with 3 Fire Extinguishers. The turn around is only about 4 or 5 days.
I wish that sunflower1963 would respond to their questions. That way we know if they have read them or not and what advice they are following.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

casasantoestevo wrote:Good point Paul. We also forget to add that when ours are in for the annual check up they provide us with 3 Fire Extinguishers. The turn around is only about 4 or 5 days.
I wish that sunflower1963 would respond to their questions. That way we know if they have read them or not and what advice they are following.
You can only offer advice. BTW the small 1kg ones are fairly useless.
Cheers
PC
sunflower1963

Post by sunflower1963 »

Hi, thank you to you all for the help given. I have only just had time to come on here as I have been very busy paining. Many thanks. :D
Swales

Fire extinguisher no longer needed

Post by Swales »

A fire extinguisher no longer needed for rural properties when looking at the relevant law decreto 20/2002 you need to be sure you are looking at latest version. There have been several changes over the years. The latest version February this year cancelled several requirements for rural properties in an effort to make administration simplify. One of the cancelled requirements was fire extinguisher

I have attached link to latest decreto Feb this year
http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_dato ... 02.t4.html
sunflower1963

Post by sunflower1963 »

Thank you Swales. The fire extinguisher is the least of our worries now. I received an email from our lawyer yesterday who is now saying that because we do not have a cadastral number we will not be accepted for a rural rental licence. He is also now saying we can´t register as we do not have the LFO even though he told us a few weeks ago that we didn´t need the LFO for a rural rental. Anyone want a worthless property. :cry:
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Sunflower wrote:
"Our lawyer is now saying that as we don't have a Cadastral number we will not be accepted for a rural rental licence"
If you don't have a cadastral number it means your property was never given permission for construction. It that case it is not really different to the UK. The worst case scenario (especially if you are rummaging around public offices) is that your property is demolished. The best case scenario is that you sell it as a piece of land. You are not alone. Many people fell in love with an idyllic little property and a good price.
BUT. BUT. BUT. There aren't so many of these properties nowadays that have slipped through the net. Check again that you are not on the Cadastro. Do you pay the local taxes? That is IBI or Impuesto sobre Bienes Inmuebles. You usually get a small bill in tear-off triplicate about now to be paid by July or August. If you have this it will have a cadastral number and value. Just as a guess it will be for €300 to €600 depending on your property. The number will look like:
Ref/Cadastral 9633304 EG0393S 0027 TDN
You may not have this year's yet but if you paid it last year you (or your accountant) should have it.