Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

What Annoys You The Most!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Managing your guests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the compulsion to put rubbish into an empty bin? My Welcome Brochure clearly states what day the bins are collected. I don't recall ever seeing guests put rubbish out for collection day, so it is often collected half empty. But, the second it is emptied, guests suddenly appear with several sacks from the cottage, filling it almost instantly.
akwe-xavante

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea that bedside alarm clocks would have been the top number one annoying problem.
Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akwe-xavante wrote:
I had no idea that bedside alarm clocks would have been the top number one annoying problem.

I've just returned home having stayed in a B&B and forgot to take my travel clock. There was no bedside clock, no bedside table, and no plug socket to charge my mobile near to the bed. Did I know what the hell the time was when I awoke? Nope, not a clue. Evil or Very Mad
PW in Polemi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunny wrote:
There was no bedside clock, no bedside table, and no plug socket to charge my mobile near to the bed. Did I know what the hell the time was when I awoke? Nope, not a clue. Evil or Very Mad

I just look at my watch - mind, that's either on my wrist or else on the bedside table overnight. (It's got that probably highly radioactive glows-in-the-dark stuff on the face!)
And not having a bedside table would really irritate me - where do you put your watch, glasses, overnight glass of water, book (or Kindle), earrings, and that essential first cuppa in the morning, etc etc etc Shocked Laughing
GillianF

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would just look at my watch. But, without a bedside table where would I put my teeth overnight ..............
Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PW in Polemi wrote:
Bunny wrote:
There was no bedside clock, no bedside table, and no plug socket to charge my mobile near to the bed. Did I know what the hell the time was when I awoke? Nope, not a clue. Evil or Very Mad

I just look at my watch - mind, that's either on my wrist or else on the bedside table overnight. (It's got that probably highly radioactive glows-in-the-dark stuff on the face!)
And not having a bedside table would really irritate me - where do you put your watch, glasses, overnight glass of water, book (or Kindle), earrings, and that essential first cuppa in the morning, etc etc etc Shocked Laughing

I don't wear my watch in bed. I'm at that age where I thrash around too much and would most likely bash it on my OH. Wouldn't want to do that; the watch was too expensive! Laughing
Cas & Irene

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst are my umbrella’s, I always ask to fold them in after breakfast and when they leave the boat (self-catering guests). We have most of the time in the summer a 4/5 SW wind, comes up very unexpectedly around 11.00 am.
So found several times the big one broken and hanging half over board. Sometimes they don´t use the umbrella (anymore) and then I know … problems!

I charge € 250,- for the big one. Once we a got a complain that this Ikea umbrella cost only € 165,-. I said yes, but please jump in your car, drive 35 minutes to Ikea, waiting in the (always) que and drive back. Bring the umbrella on board, remove the broken one and bring this to the rubbish container. Then, please install the new one and I charge you only € 165,-!
End of the discussion!

I never charge for plates and glasses, only ask if they would tell by check out so I can replace them. When they have broken a glass, I always say “ OMG, tell me it´s not true, this was a part of my family heritage, cost a fortune!” Those faces, just for one second.
When guests has removed the matrass cover and other bed linen, especially the B&B guest, I know there are problems.

The most horrible experience was once , when a guests checked out and when I would give her the deposit back (for the cabin key and marina key card), she said that she will be back in a few minutes because her friend was arrived in the marina.
I was very busy with breakfast and other guests for check out, but when she didn´t came back after 2 hours I went in the cabin and …… the smell was terrible also all the bed linen was on the ground.
She had an accident with her stoma that night! Sad

Two days later I called her and she apologies me a hundred time, said that I could keep the deposit for the extra cleaning. I told her that I was familiar with those accidents, because my mom had also one. So no need to run away, but I could understand her embarrasing. Finely she wrote 2 great reviews for us! Laughing
Follow us on Twitter : @Yacht_Barcelona

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BedandBreakfastBoatBarcelona
Managing your guests