Alex Boris via VRBO/OD/Homeaway

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
susanm

Alex Boris via VRBO/OD/Homeaway

Post by susanm »

Perfectly normal enquiry, followed by "please forward me your name, address, email address so that I can send you a cheque". From Ukraine.
annafern

Post by annafern »

Yep had this one and fell for it and it was only when i got his response i knew what he was up to.
We are glad you have this dates and the price is pretty much okay for us, We can’t wait to be welcome there , We are currently in Ukraine now and we will love to book the dates and let you know we will be coming for vacation at your place, we are making the booking now to be assure of the accommodation. My accountant will issue and mail a cheque for the full payment and send to you through regular mail postal without any delay. So please, kindly provide us with the information below for the payment:
My response these days to these sort of scams is.
Pull the other one!! its got bells on it
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

annafern wrote:My response these days to these sort of scams is.
Pull the other one!! its got bells on it
You're very polite Anna - obviously well brought up :)
EdinburghCityApartments

Post by EdinburghCityApartments »

I've just taken on managing a property from someone who had this as a confirmed booking, not realising anything about scams.

I wonder what their success rate is!