Ernesto/ HA com

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
AngloDutch

Ernesto/ HA com

Post by AngloDutch »

Received the following 'enquiry' this evening via HA usa and, for the first time ever, an aerial photo of someone else's property included in the HA enquiry template :lol:

Message from Ernesto
Hi, we were wondering if your property can be rented. I know it is a busy period, but maybe we can arrange something. My dates are flexible! Can you please send me a quote and a booking request so I can pay online through website if is possible.
I would appreciate if you can forward all the info to my Ernesto on his email address below:

ernesto.palmer @hotmail.com

God bless you
I have just checked all incoming phishing attempts purporting to be coming from HA which have been received in 2016, and all show property id #92289 at the top of the enquiry.
So, if you see that in the email, you will know immediately that it is fake....
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Just received the very same this evening too.

Besides the wording, I knew it was immediately a scam email too because I had no text alert, it only came to one email address when I have two set up on Homeaway and there was nothing in my dashboard.