Muller Klus

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Monkey

Muller Klus

Post by Monkey »

I received an enquiry this morning from Muller Klus via VisitFrance. I'm pretty sure it is a scam. The address was simply Paris 75000, requested one week in August but did not say for how many people, and was sent from Italy.

This enquiry came from VisitFrance.co.uk.
Property ID 8753 General enquiry
Please reply by --
Name: Muller Klus
Address: Paris 75000
Tel. +447958232252
E-mail: mullerklus@gmail.com
From date:
To date:
Number of nights:
Adults:
Children:
Child ages:
Pets:
Notes: Hello, I want to rent for a weeks from 7th august to 14th august 2016. Please let me know if you have the space available for the specified period

Bonjour, Je veux louer pour une semaine de 7 août au 14 août 2016. S'il vous plaît laissez-moi savoir
Sent from: Italy

Doesn't ring true to me.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I just don't think it's right to post things just when you have a hunch it might be a scam. It probably is a scam but please be sure before making judgement and publicly shaming. Knowing what the scam is will be much more useful to others.
LaRassada

Post by LaRassada »

Haha - this is looking more and more like a scam!
I received almost exactly the same enquiry but via Responsible Travel and with far more information in his second email... including an address in Germany (that does exist) and a telephone number that does not exist...
Mr Klus has asked me to accept payment via a French cheque from a landlord who is reimbursing him due to being unable to host Mr Klus after having had a flood at the rental property.
Mr Klus wants me to accept payment from this other landlord via cheque which he assures me will clear into my account before they arrive!
I think I am going to say that I am surprised to have discovered that someone with the same name has made another enquiry via Visit France for another property for the same dates and giving an address in Paris and a UK mobile number!!!!
That might make him realise that we are not as stupid as he thinks ;-)

If it smells fishy, it probably is fish!
Thanks for posting Monkey as this has allowed me to confirm my suspicions!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Now you have proof of the scam, simply report the email to gmail and it might save a few victims. Of course they simply create another account but if everyone did this, the life of a scammer would be really difficult.