bretcleary@hotmail.com

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Casscat

bretcleary@hotmail.com

Post by Casscat »

Faked up enquiry purporting to have come via Spain-Holiday. The heading read "Spain-Holiday.com enquiry on Breat Cleary". Note the fact that this guy doesn't know if he's a Bret or a Breat :D The email was a properly mocked up Spain-Holiday enquiry page with this message:

"Hello ,
We are a family of 6 from Denmark (two grand-parents, two parents, a teenager and a child). We would like to rent this villa for a holiday. Would you be able to let us know if this villa is available The given price is 2600
Kind Regards,
Cleary

Renter
Bret Cleary
bretcleary@hotmail.com
+453 894990749"

So Bret/Breat now has the first name Cleary :roll:

I reported this to Spain-Holiday and they have confirmed that they have had no one register an enquiry for my property or any other via their web site using that email address.
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Wow we have to be on our toes. When you say a mocked up page what exactly do you mean?

Am I correct in assuming that they sent an email that looked like it came from the site?
Kate
USA
joddle

Post by joddle »

I take it you are not on their new email system yet then - they claim zero scams getting though for their new system!
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

It didn't come through their system Joddle. My ad isn't even on their site any more so I assume I am on some sort of scammers hotlist being punted around.

Kathleen the 'mocked up page' was a clone of a Spain Holiday generated enquiry email but it did not come from them. I suggest that every email or text alert should prompt you to go to the rental site's owner page - not via a clickable link on the email or text of course - to see if it is actually in your inbox/dashboard before you make any effort to respond.
joddle

Post by joddle »

Well that's one good thing to be said about SH's new system - Once on their system that wont happen again - or if it does you know straight away its a scam as they only send things from their own email system now - no punter emails addresses to reply to!
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.