Unsure about procedure to register guests with the Guardia C

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Manclass

Unsure about procedure to register guests with the Guardia C

Post by Manclass »

I am in Andalucía and have registered my property and received my registration licence number

I have been into the Guardia Civil office and have been given my user name and password so I can register guest directly with them online, my question is if I have to keep all documents for 3 years and I've sent the details online apart from copies of passports what other documents to I have to keep ?
Thanks in advance
CSE

Post by CSE »

apart from copies of passports
I will start this off by saying taking copies of passports is not a good idea and could be illegal under Spanish privacy laws. You take note of the details required for the GC and that is it.
http://queaprendemoshoy.com/que-hace-el ... on-mi-dni/
For DNI read any ID.
As far as keep registration details all we keep is the registration form that the details are kept on. This is signed by the person whose details you make a note of.
The GC have been around to us a number of times we have run the Casa Rural to inspect the forms. They arrive unannounced so best not store them in a location is is difficult for you to access.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Thank you, so apart from sending the details online directly to the Guardia do you think I should also fill out the form I downloaded from SH and fill that in as well and keep it for my records ?
CSE

Post by CSE »

When you long on you will be asked to fill out the sections presented. It will be in Spanish just fill those out and then file the paperwork. Could not be simpler.
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Thanks Casasantoestevo.

When you say it like that , yes its a simple procedure.
One last question, we have three lots of friends that use the villa every year, should I also register them with the Guardia even though they are not paying guests ?
CSE

Post by CSE »

We never have non-paying guests. :wink:

But IMHO and IAMNAL I would say no you would not have too. They are guests and it would be the same when they stayed and you did not have a rental, no registration required.
Manclass

Post by Manclass »

Thank you very much for making things clear...