Fake Email sender.messages@home-away.com Jason Buttler

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Casscat

Fake Email sender.messages@home-away.com Jason Buttler

Post by Casscat »

Received yesterday and again today - another of those mocked up HA enquiry emails which on the face of it look pretty convincing but are not backed up by a text or an actual enquiry in your dashboard:

"Me and 3 friends are coming to amsterdam on the 8th of septemeber until the 11th.

we are interested in the below apartment and was wondering if the dates of the 8th till the 15th september (7 nights) are avaiable.

If so could you please confirm that the price for this - Also are you able to smoke in the apartment?
"

Just one or two problems (beyond the clear fact that it's a fake), a) I don't have an apartment, b) I'm not in Amsterdam c) my advertisement clearly states that the house and grounds are non smoking and d) there is no availability. The contact telephone number given was +77437823873. The tactic here is obviously to get you to reply via the fake click through to your dashboard where you will then reveal your password.
GRL

Post by GRL »

Yup just got that one - TWICE - once from Wimdu who I am with and once from HA who I am not with :roll:
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

The link takes you to a fake email login webpage where you can type in some obscenities to make you feel better and waste a few seconds of their time trying out this login. I usually report such domains, which often results in them closing down but I was at work when I got this one so didn't get the chance, then deleted the email.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Got this one too and several other similar ones from HA with no text message and not in my dashboard. I've not responded to any of them but I like the idea of filling in some obscenities.