"NEW" French Connections - anyone ?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
bornintheuk

"NEW" French Connections - anyone ?

Post by bornintheuk »

Just received an email from FC saying they miss my advert with them so much they will offer 3 months free, as long as I take up a 12 month listing, so not free really.
Was with FC 4 yrs ago with zero interest and bookings, has anyone recent data on their performance in France ? Thanks
What would Plato do ?
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

My experience is pretty much the same as yoursbornintheuk. I dislike it when im offered 1yr+3mnth free if they are convinced they can deliver offer me a 3 month trial and if it produced results i would be gagging at the bit to pay a subscription.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

We had the same offer yesterday which suggests they are trying to drum up business and mailshotting all their previous, now ex, advertisers.

I agree that if they are really convinced they can deliver they would offer a free trial with no strings. Maybe I'll ask ...............
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Before my days as an owner, my French holidays were always booked with French Connections. I listed with them for a short time , but never had any enquiries or bookings.
Enaid

Post by Enaid »

I used to use FC years ago and it was good to start with, then not so good, so I changed to Owner's Direct - which was brilliant, but we all know what that's like now. So when my subscription ran out I decided to try FC again. I've only had a few enquiries, and only 2 became bookings.
Villarais

Post by Villarais »

I used to be with FC - it was the only place you needed to advertise on for French properties many years ago. Then enquiries dropped off and, like Enaid, I moved to OD. OD were good for a while, but then became silly, so I moved back to FC nearly a year ago. 2 enquiries but no bookings so far.

I too got the 'welcome home' e-mail, and when I phoned FC the lady I spoke to laughed and said that I could ignore it.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Villarais wrote: I too got the 'welcome home' e-mail, and when I phoned FC the lady I spoke to laughed and said that I could ignore it.
Well that says it all !!!!!!!
What would Plato do ?
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

As per my earlier post I did send them an e-mail and suggested that if I could have three months free and received a two week, high season booking as a result I would subscribe for the 12 months.

I have received the following reply:

"Your request for the 3 free months before signing up and on condition of a 2week summer booking is not something we could consider I'm afraid. Whilst we are confident in our ability to help you fill your property, there are no guarantees and especially when your 3 free months would be now, which is historically not necessarily the time that people think about their summer 2017 break.

That said, what we can offer you is a staggered payment option. We could arrange for you to have a more flexible payment term and if you decide isn't working after you've completed half of your term, you could pull out? Or, we can offer some more added value to the renewal cost and permit you to upgrade your scheme to our professional package and provide with unlimited photos and unlimited special offers package.

I hope the above is of help and please advise me by return if you with to consider one of the above option and we will do everything we can to ensure a successful 2017 for you."

Very sensibly, they point out that now (and the next three months) is not peak booking time although we have, in the past, had bookings confirmed in September and October for the following year. Maybe, I'll ask again when peak booking time arrives ..............
isplumm

French Connections renewal offer

Post by isplumm »

Hi,

I tried French Connections for 6 months this year, as they offered me a good deal - I got exactly zero enquiries - all my bookings came via Chez Nous.

(Izzy) Maitland has just offered me 15 months for price of 12, as well as a discount. But not going to both as seems pointless.

Mark