Tiny pans but there is a salad spinner

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
GRL

Tiny pans but there is a salad spinner

Post by GRL »

I am currently in an apartment in Ireland - it is very nice except for one thing - cooking utensils. It is for 5 people and all I have is one small pan and one tiny one. No roasting tray (I thought I could roast a chicken), no grater so even if I could cook a spag bol I couldn't grate my Irish Cheddar over it!!! And no pint glass for hubby to enjoy his Guinness in. There is loads of food supplied but I think I'd rather have seen the money spent on a couple of bigger pans!

But there is a salad spinner :lol:
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Have you emailed the owner politely asking where the saucepans and roasting pans are?!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Martha

Post by Martha »

I would definitely ask! That seems very odd.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Pamski

Post by Pamski »

I would agree that you should ask the owner. They may be put away somewhere that you can't see - secret drawer or the like!
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Or the last guests burned them all dry and threw them away in the hope the cleaner wouldn't notice. Definitely ask the owner - I'd be amazed if they really meant to leave 2 small pans for a sleeps 5. Then report back :D
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

As an owner, I would want to know if any equipment was lacking ...
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
annedab

Post by annedab »

I'm sure you already have, but if not, double check that there isn't a "hidden" drawer at the bottom of the oven - I've been caught out like that before :oops: ....although that is unlikely to solve the pint glass issue :wink:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
GRL

Post by GRL »

Oven checked.
Email sent.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Awaiting further development :lol:
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

You are being encouraged to eat out and not consume the owners' gas or electricity, this explains the salad spinner. Don't expect an email response from the owner in a hurry. Write a shit review :lol:
GRL

Post by GRL »

We are paying for the leccy hence I thought spag bol would be quick and easy but no pan was big enough to cook spaghetti for 4! Went for mince with microwaved baked spuds and I had to mash the swede with a fork. Good job we like it lumpy :lol:
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I've come to the conclusion that rental property kitchen equipment is a dark art that I don't begin to understand :wink: Never a holiday goes by when I don't have to buy something or other (and that's even after taking our usual 'get-out-of-jail' box)!

We were in Catalunya last week and had a pressure cooker, a hand blender, four saucepans and a couple of frying pans (oh, and a salad spinner) ... but no wooden spoon, grater or drainer/sieve :roll:
GRL

Post by GRL »

Update - owner sent her hubby round with some larger pans. He said there did appear to be some missing and I also pointed out the lack of potato masher. He said his sister-in-law has a flat nearby so maybe she has taken stuff there as there used to be more pans and a masher. So we can cook that spaghetti now!!
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Definitely worth contacting the owner. Result!
Fleur
GRL

Post by GRL »

French Cricket wrote:I've come to the conclusion that rental property kitchen equipment is a dark art that I don't begin to understand :wink: Never a holiday goes by when I don't have to buy something or other (and that's even after taking our usual 'get-out-of-jail' box)!

We were in Catalunya last week and had a pressure cooker, a hand blender, four saucepans and a couple of frying pans (oh, and a salad spinner) ... but no wooden spoon, grater or drainer/sieve :roll:
No grater here either but I do have a sieve and a Nespresso machine ... which you will be pleased to hear I have not used!