CFE - has yours risen dramatically in 2016?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Dusty

CFE - has yours risen dramatically in 2016?

Post by Dusty »

I got a mail today saying that I need to pay my CFE before the 15th Dec (we are in the Dordogne). Last year we paid 150 euros but this year they are asking for 720 euros! I am digging through the website to try and find someone I can talk to about this but has anyone else had their CFE raised significantly?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I wish mine was only 720€! I've always paid over 1000€, this year's bill has only increased by 8€ to 1156€ :shock:
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Wow, thats a lot, I was told that our Taxe Fonciere would be reduced somewhat as we we're now paying CFE but I am not aware of that happening.

I am now in a bit of a dilemma however. Having looked into it further I have found the basis of their calculations and it would appear that there is only a 0.3% increase in the Intercommunanité rate from last year to this so I am now wondering if we only paid a proportion of last years tax as we only declared part way through the year, so I am a bit reluctant to moan about too the tax office in case they make me pay even more!
limetree

Post by limetree »

I thought there was a limit on the amount of CFE that business owners pay - I thought it was 500 euros but could be wrong. Certainly mine has gone up this year, but only from 161 euros to 185 euros. I don't pay taxe d'habitation for my gites because I pay CFE. The original taxe d'habitation bills were over 700 euros so I am happy to pay the much less CFE. Are you a member of the facebook page Ladies in Business in France Dusty - there are some useful discussions about CFE on there
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Thanks Limetree, I haven't heard of a limit but will look into it. We pay Taxe d'habitation and taxe fonciere but this could be because our gites are on the same plot of land as our own house. I will look at the facebook page, but not sure they would let me join as I'm a fella.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

If there is a limit how can my CFE bill be explained? It depends on your chiffre d'affaires.
https://www.service-public.fr/professio ... its/F23547
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Thanks La Vache, I thought that would be the case, I will just have to bite the bullet and cough up
limetree

Post by limetree »

ah just realised that my "limit" of up to 510 euros is because my gite income is less than 10,000 euros pa. Thanks La Vache for the information - that explains it. Sorry to be confusing you both
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

I believe that the basis for the calculation of CFE is indeed based on the "valeur locative" of the properties used for the enterprise. ie in this case the gites. The amount is based on the taxe fonciere for the properties concerned.
Having looked at my latest "imposition" on-line it is based on the taxe fonciere and no additional amount is added concerning the chiffe d'affaires of the gites. Looking at the references given I note the line as follows

(9) Les collectivités locales peuvent moduler le montant de la base minimum en fonction de la situation du chiffre d’affaires ou
des recettes réalisé par l’entreprise au cours de la période de référence par rapport aux seuils de 10 000, 32 600, 100 000, 250 000 et 500 000 €.

So by my reading its the local authorities who decide whether your CA should be taken into account in the calculation of the CFE above the amont calculated from the Taxe Fonciere relating to the gites.

I wait to be corrected. Comments ?
What would Plato do ?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Yes, reading the link I posted hat's right - the CA is taken into account only when the valeur locative is negligible or non existant. My tax foncière is around 2k euros per year, hence I pay a lot of CFE, nothing to do with my CA. I guess as it is decided by the commune the calculation will vary widely nationwide.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

la vache! wrote:My tax foncière is around 2k euros per year, hence I pay a lot of CFE, nothing to do with my CA. I guess as it is decided by the commune the calculation will vary widely nationwide.
Our TF is over twice that & our combined T.Hb for gites & property is over 3k that excludes bin collection. We went to get some advice on this & thought if we paid CFE it may bring those figures down the advice we got was we may end up paying the same + the CFE.
Add to that 1.4k T sejour & social taxes its getting a little silly!
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Bassman wrote:
la vache! wrote:My tax foncière is around 2k euros per year, hence I pay a lot of CFE, nothing to do with my CA. I guess as it is decided by the commune the calculation will vary widely nationwide.
Our TF is over twice that & our combined T.Hb for gites & property is over 3k that excludes bin collection. We went to get some advice on this & thought if we paid CFE it may bring those figures down the advice we got was we may end up paying the same + the CFE.
Add to that 1.4k T sejour & social taxes its getting a little silly!
I guess you must do it for the love of it and not the money :?
What would Plato do ?
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

This is interesting, the reqion you are in clearly influences how much you pay dramatically.
Our TF is around 2.7k yet we will pay around 720€ CFE so compared to La Vache we're not doing too bad. We were told (I seem to recall, it was 18 months ago we went into this and a lot of wine has flowed since then) by the CFE person that our TF would be reduced by a similar amount to to the CFE but that doesn't seem to be the case.
As you say bornintheuk, we must do it for love, and the joy we bring to our guests of course.