HA service fee letter

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
gunnyandbob

HA service fee letter

Post by gunnyandbob »

Someone on here wrote a very well worded letter to be sent to guests, explaining the HA service fee. I've searched for it for an hour and no trace so far.
We would appreciate a copy please, ever so please!

TIA.

Bob.
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

Maybe put this in Rental listing sites ?
gunnyandbob

HA service fee letter.

Post by gunnyandbob »

Hello RebelEmC,
I searched under various scatergories and got nowhere. I am sure it would have been after May, HA announced this in June officially.
I searched under HA and service fee, and flitted in and out of various posts, even tried one or two names of frequent posters in my search.

If this draws a blank, I'll try again. I would like the letter to send to our guests who booked with us via HA, we are not renewing with them, but opening ads with other sites, and have joined The Holidaylet to start with.

Seasons greetings to everyone on LMH.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I don't know where this was written on here but it may have been before June as the service fee came into being on VRBO and Homeaway.com in February and a number of us list on the American sites. At that time some people were sending this link to their former guests so perhaps you could pick bits out to explain it all http://guestservicefees.com/
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

or you could point them at [redacted] for an alternative explanation.
Last edited by Ben McNevis on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
gunnyandbob

Service fees

Post by gunnyandbob »

You folks are brilliant, thanks very much. There's even a method to help guests get around the contacting owners restrictions.
Which means we now will make a simple website. Not the royal we, but me, Bob.

And I didn't have to unwrap this early Xmas present or wait until 25th.

Yayyyyy.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

I will pm you a discount code for Promote My Place - the simplest website template you can have, but with great support.
Many of us use it 2 weeks free trial.