Facebook group for Cornwall owners?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
nealh

Post by nealh »

Well done on taking the plunge! ...although the hard work begins now :) I like the idea of the Cornwall info group... I might pinch that if you don't mind. If there is one thing I have learned from the Cyprus group I run, it is that once people see that it is an actively managed group they will start to contribute and promote it. There will always be the 'lurkers' but I keep plugging away at the need for everyone to join in.

I am still amazed at the number of people who try to join when they are property managers or run a rental agency despite the description saying 'No Entry'. One got quite shirty when I declined her saying that it is unfair... excuse me? You want me to work away for free to promote your rentals so that you get your commission while I get diddly squat?!?! I try to check every new member application to weed out inappropriate members,

Hope it all goes well for you!
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Thanks again nealh, yes feel free to pinch the idea of the info group, thanks for the vote of confidence! Yes I must add a rule about agencies. I was wondering how to check for them - do you find checking FB profiles is enough or do you do anything else?
nealh

Post by nealh »

Yes, I just look at the profile to get a flavour. Some are obvious eg 'self employed at Sunshine Property Management' others just share posts from the same rental agency. That said, the vast majority of members are genuine.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Just popped in to say, there has been a booking through the group already! Although still small, numbers are creeping up and I continue to advertise wherever I can. If you are a Cornwall owner (or like to holiday in Cornwall) please do come and join us.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/919799031495722/

nealh

Post by nealh »

It's a great feeling when that happens, isn't it?! And of course that is one booking that you know about... there might well be others you don't know about that have already happened. :)
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I'm not familiar with facebook, but it seems that for both groups you have to apply for membership. Is that sensible if you are trying to advertise properties?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

It's absolutely fine Nigel. It's a closed group which prevents scammers from getting in easily and wreaking havoc. If you were a regular facebook user you'd be more than comfortable joining a closed group. The (closed) dog holiday group I'm admin on has reached 55 thousand members and has been the broker in many, many holidays.