ousted from Owners Direct

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

What did you have to do to get that rectified Apex?

Mouse (who checked yesterday and at the moment is still appearing)
x
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

No idea why now appearing as OD did not respond to my message.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
elena

Post by elena »

We were back on briefly then off again ....now showing way down the bottom of the list of 1000s with no filters and about 2/3 down the list with specific filters... and no enquiries.

Guessing we are still on the list of ads showing only 50% of the time for specified searches.

This company is a law unto itself....

Elena
www.lescrouquets.net
man who stand on side of mountain with mouth open waiting for roast duck to fly in have long wait....
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

I have made up my mind to leave them and have switched off automatic subscription renewal. I've taken 4 good bookings in the last 5 days and 3 have come through airbnb the other via trip advisor so it it continues that way then OD will not be missed. I had very few good quality enquiries from them anyway, most wanted to squeeze people in, come when it wasn't changeover day etc.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
GRL

Post by GRL »

barbersdrove wrote:I have made up my mind to leave them and have switched off automatic subscription renewal.
You might want to remove or edit your credit card details to false numbers as OD have a nasty habit of turning auto renew back on again.
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

thanks for that, i will do.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Elena have you updated your calendar? That's the only thing I can think you can do that might, just might make a difference in where you appear in the search. I just checked; mine appear when I search for our village, but I'm not expecting many enquiries as we're fully booked until into September bar one 3 night break, so it's obvious they won't appear in any date searches.

However when I search on an area, the site isn't working properly and constantly reloading. It only worked when I opened an incognito window. Then I can see both my properties towards the end of the search when I apply a couple of filters.
Codliveroil

Post by Codliveroil »

Basic rate Problem.
If you don't have a rate posted for say 2018/2019 then the system automatically gives your basic rate. My lowest weekly rate in November is 525 and highest August 2495, no matter what I put as my basic rate, the rate would be wrong and could cause big issues when some one wants an August week in 2018 for 525!

So to prevent this I set my basic rate as £10 thinking that this might give folks a clue and at ask what the real rate is, many do this, but wait..........I have had plonkers try to book at this rate with on line booking, which of course I have had to decline.

Will this go against me? (I am on Commision)

What do you guys do about basic rate?

Don't shoot me down, I have said this before on this forum, the OD, HA, TA's of this world don't want subscriptions and they will try ways to demote them over commission based properties, they prefer commision, if they sell 10 of my weeks they make say £1500 not the paltry (to them), subscription fee.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Codliveroil wrote:My lowest weekly rate in November is 525 and highest August 2495, no matter what I put as my basic rate, the rate would be wrong .....
Surely your safest bet is always to set the basic rate at (or even above) the highest rate?

Then if you get a plonker willing to book online at that rate for a week in February, you will not have to decline it - which does go against you to answer the other part of your question.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Codliveroil

Post by Codliveroil »

e-richard wrote:
Codliveroil wrote:My lowest weekly rate in November is 525 and highest August 2495, no matter what I put as my basic rate, the rate would be wrong .....
Surely your safest bet is always to set the basic rate at (or even above) the highest rate?

Then if you get a plonker willing to book online at that rate for a week in February, you will not have to decline it - which does go against you to answer the other part of your question.
I considered this but thought that it may cause a problem with "average rate" and/or "from", whichever it is, that is displayed when folks don't specify dates, so my property would always look mega expensive and end up at the bottom of the pile or simply ignored.

Do you know if the basic rate is included when they calculate that "average rate" that gets displayed? I once tried to work out the formula to no avail.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Codliveroil wrote: I once tried to work out the formula to no avail.
Me 2 :cry:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

e-richard wrote:
Codliveroil wrote: I once tried to work out the formula to no avail.
Me 2 :cry:
And me. It seems to change without changes being made. :cry:

Mouse
x
explodingaardvark

Post by explodingaardvark »

kyreniagirl wrote:I actually can't believe they have done this. Surely if you pay for a service you are entitled to receive it? Bookings can be refused for many reasons, overoccupancy, dogs etc. I would definitely be speaking to TA, are you a member of Which? by any chance - I would be involving them too.
Have you tried contacting TA. Nigh on impossible.