Terms & Conditions / Booking Contract

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Littlegem

Terms & Conditions / Booking Contract

Post by Littlegem »

Hi All,
I have just taken my first booking direct, all the others have come through HA, HL & BC.
Does everyone that takes direct bookings have their own terms & conditions / booking contract? I am presuming this is something different to house rules? I have seen something on one of the big sites where it says about using their standard booking contract but ive never seen the contract so cant have a squiz through to see what it says? any idea where these contracts are on the sites so I can see what one consists of?
if I make my own from scratch what does it need to include, its thrown me a bit and ive never given any thought to this before, is it just like a standard rental agreement?
any help would be very much appreciated as the guests are waiting for me to email it to them.
many thanks
Gem :shock:
I used to be decisive but now I'm not so sure.
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

We use the one from the English Assciation of Self Catering Operators. It's one of the benefits of joining - their T & Cs have been checked by a solicitor. I'd recommend joining - it doesn't cost much and you get a very informative newsletter amongst other things. Find out more here: http://www.englishselfcatering.co.uk
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
Littlegem

Thank you

Post by Littlegem »

Thanks Joanna, I had a look at EASCO, very reasonable membership and looks like it has a wealth of information plus a little section to promote yourself which is good. I am definitely considering joinging later this week
Kind regards
Gem
I used to be decisive but now I'm not so sure.