HA search-result not showing reviews?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
ebbast

HA search-result not showing reviews?

Post by ebbast »

I just noticed that the search-result for HA/OD is not showing my reviews anymore? There are 5 black stars and a (0) for my ad, although when clicking the ad, you can see that I have 11 reviews and an average score of "Excellent 4.6/5 (11 traveller reviews)".
I'm not on OnlineBooking - is this another way for HA to discriminate me as a subscriber?
Tried to find anywhere to contact HA, but it seems like the only way is to call them?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

HA have been having a lot of "issues" with their website today. I suspect this is temporary and they're attempting to fix it.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
ebbast

Post by ebbast »

Unfortunately I don't think its due to their maintenance. It seems like all of us not using OLB, has our number of reviews zeroed out from the search-result. It shows black stars followed by (0). For those listings that acutally does not have any reviews, the stars are grey followed by (0). When viewing the listing, the reviews are all there. It's just another way of HA to scare our customers away from even looking at holidays-homes without reviews.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

ebbast wrote:...It's just another way of HA to scare our customers away from even looking at holidays-homes without reviews.
Its more likely to be another way of telling you that its OLB or nothing.

You may not like it, but Expedia made that a criteria for the purchase of HomeAway, so do not be surprised.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I don't have OLB. Mine are still there in yellow on OD
jafa

Post by jafa »

e-richard wrote:
ebbast wrote:...It's just another way of HA to scare our customers away from even looking at holidays-homes without reviews.
Its more likely to be another way of telling you that its OLB or nothing.

You may not like it, but Expedia made that a criteria for the purchase of HomeAway, so do not be surprised.
Yep just seen the same. I think we need to in block instruct a lawyer to act on our behalf over this. If I put in my locality, I don't even come up now. I used the filter and done all reviews 1+ ive got 20+ I don't even appear on the list. I cannot believe that they can change "OUR" paid advert to 0 reviews when there are indeed revies to be seen.
I can either set up a stand alone F Book page or maybe someone start a separate section in here for us all to show support in some way, mainly to establish numbers/momentum.
Jafa
COYS

Post by COYS »

roxytoo wrote:I don't have OLB. Mine are still there in yellow on OD
+1 mine too.
But I don't doubt for a second that they are not playing more stupid games with others trying to enforce OLB as e-richard says.
As a side note, can't access their crappy inbox either so maybe they're testing me that way instead.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

I asked about why reviews were also skewed date wise, but got a confusing, misleading answer.

Might be time to ditch them..
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.