terms and conditions what do I use

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Lizzy

terms and conditions what do I use

Post by Lizzy »

Hi I am hoping to rent out an apartment for holiday lets in Fuerteventura, I believe you have to have terms and conditions how do I get hold of this kind of thing are there standard forms you must provide or what please somebody help!!. Also when people pay by credit card do you charge them for the 2% charge from the bank, I think you must do as when you book a holiday through a travel agent I have always been charged? please help!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi Lizzy and welcome :lol: If you read some of the previous postings, or do a search there is lots of info on the stuff you've asked about :wink: There is no "right" way to do this job, just whatever you are comfy with.Happy posting 8)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Welcome Lizzy,
As Fraise has said we all do things in a slightly different way....I dont have a terms & conditions but I know most of the others do...I charge a security deposit but some of the others dont...I know its confusing but you have to try & do what works for you.
If you look back on some of the posts about Managing guests and Bookings etc. you should get an idea.....
First though you need to get the clients to book so I hope your thinking of how to do that first...
advertising on Rental Sites or having your own site...

Please feel free to ask on the Forum about any help you need they really are a great bunch & Im sure they will steer you right....[and left :wink:]

Good Luck...
Lizzy

Post by Lizzy »

Thank you Fraise and Ros for your help

:lol: Lizzy