Travel Cost

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Alan Knighting

Travel Cost

Post by Alan Knighting »

Anyone who has friends from Ireland visiting shortly should take a look at www.aerlingus.com . Dublin to e.g. Toulouse for 9€ can't be bad.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Wow...

...but that seems too good to be true, doesn't it? How much are the taxes and fees?
Brooke
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Brooke,
How much are the taxes and fees?
I took a quick look on the Aerlingus Website. How would the following be for you in CA, if tied in with a flight Dublin-Lyon for 9€ each way?

EI144 Los Angeles 17:00 Fri 11 Feb Dublin 11:05 Sat 12 Feb $153.00

EI145 Dublin 11:45 Fri 25 Feb Los Angeles 14:45 Fri 25 Feb $153.00

Taxes, Fees and Charges
To/From USA: Fares shown exclude taxes, fees and charges of approx $80/€65.
Prices exclude $2.50 September 11th security fee for flights departing USA.

It looks prettty cheap to me. Current offer only available for bookings up to midnight on Thursday.

Alan
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Hmm... well, if it's $150 + $80 in taxes/fees each way, that is actually a totally standard price, as far as I know. Often there are some really fantastic deals from New York to Paris (US$200 round trip -- it happens on occasion), and our house is equally spaced between Paris and Lyon.

Though I was actually thinking of it to Florence or Bologna since my cousin is getting married in Tuscany in September and the best price I've found is with British Airways to Milan (so we'd have to take the train) for $300 one-way.
Brooke
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I booked some Easyjet flights for colleagues from Newcastle to Belfast. The outgoing flight was £0 - I thought the site was wrong at first!! The return flight was £1. Then there were taxes and a £4 charge for using credit card, the whole lot came to £50, bit of a mark up but still not too bad...

I don't know how they do the fares for that price, maybe "loss leaders"???
Maggiem

Post by Maggiem »

We booked some Easyjet return flights to Nice for £6 + taxes. It cost us more to park at the airport than to fly to the south of France! We were on a business trip, staying in Monte Carlo, and very happy until we got to the hotel and they told us there was a problem with our room reservation. Sadly, they'd overbooked, so would we mind being upgraded to a suite, and would we accept a bottle of champagne and basket of fruit, with the manager's compliments, to compensate us for our trouble? It was a hard decision, but we agreed!

Maggie :P