who will be number 400?!!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
tansy

who will be number 400?!!

Post by tansy »

can't believe it - we're on 399 in the forum...only seems like five minutes ago we were 20 something!

Is this quite an occasion when we get 400th...is it an excuse to raise a glass to congratulate Paolo and to all our long distance rental collegues?

At this rate we could organise a seminar somewhere - off season of course!!

Suggestions where the venue should be?

:lol:
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

Tansy, where else other than Malta could you want to have a seminar "off season" with a very good chance of sunshine! 8)
Seriously, this forum has rocketed by means of users, not only passive ones, but also users who contribute on a regular basis.
Hats off to Paolo once again, for the umpteeth time!
Malta – always in the sunshine!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

We would be up for that! A meet up each year paid for by HR,FC, VBRO, etc........ as they keep telling us we are valid clients..
Cheers
PC
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Well, as long as this is all paid for... Fiji, anyone?
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

Cape Hat-teras?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Ali

Who will be 400th?

Post by Ali »

Looks like I'm your 400th member. I have been guiltily lurking on this forum for quite a while now, so its about time I put in a proper appearance!

I think the information here is absolutely incredible - and it feels so friendly. If I had ADSL I'd be on here all the time. As it is, I've got to log off now because it's almost the end of the month and my quota of hours with my ISP is almost used up.

I look forward to many more interesting reads and hope I can also contribute something useful.

Ali
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hurray - 400 registered users, welcome Ali! Image

This reminds me that although we have 400 people who have registered, there are thousands benefiting from the advice here without registering. And there's nothing wrong with that! But if you are dithering about making your first post, come on and dip your toes in - we'd love to hear from you. :D
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Welcome Ali! :)

(and hello to all of you lurkers...) :)
Brooke
tansy

Post by tansy »

Welcome Ali....hope you other lurkers will now join in!! This forum could start to make quite a few enterprises take note...

I certainly have learnt a huge amount and I've noticed my attitude has changed, I was too personal, also carried an angst and worry about what will folk do to my beautiful house I've worked so hard to get ready...to viewing our venture completely differently...I am dispassionate about the houses now...they are a business venture...end of story.

This is because the forum introduced me to other owners, I'm hearing experences as it were from the horses mouth...and a wider spectrum.

Before all I heard was negativity because they were the only people I knew with gites/B&B - they were up against it financially so it was doom & gloom (2 now sold up), but it did have an effect on our thinking to a degree.

This forum is really a great concept and I think will actually bring quite a degree of professionalism into the holiday rental market..certainly the dodgy cold callers and useless websites that preyed on us before will have emptier pockets :lol:

So come on all of you - you've all got experiences & thoughts to share!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

If we're talking numbers, I forgot to celebrate my 200th post :) (mostly off topic pure drivel but hey!!!)
tansy

Post by tansy »

Crickey soodyer....I'm flagging!! :oops:
Duchess

Dip in and out

Post by Duchess »

I dip in and out and would love to spend hours or just even a few worthwhile minutes looking at topics, but alas no ADSL - until March and then yippee.

However, I have lived in France for a while and I will celebrate when I see it up and running.
Duchess :D
paolo

Post by paolo »

talking numbers, I forgot to celebrate my 200th post
Well done, Sue! We should have forum titles based on number of posts like on other forums, but I am not sure how to achieve that - will look into it. Anyway, you have qualified as a Pillar of the Community. :D
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Actually I've never been a fan of those titles... I like the fact that we're all the same here!

I'm still a "forum newbie" or "forum junior member" or some other degrading thing like that on the Living France forums... and every time I post it makes me feel like I won't be taken seriously or something.

I guess what I'm saying is that I love the atmosphere here and I wouldn't change anything! At least, I wouldn't change it to something that classifies some as higher than others on the basis of something other than the quality of their advice. Sue gives quality feedback and advice and that's what should matter! :)

Cheers!
Brooke
livinginitaly

Post by livinginitaly »

I'm still a "forum newbie" or "forum junior member" or some other degrading thing like that on the Living France forums... and every time I post it makes me feel like I won't be taken seriously or something.
Have to agree ....... on one forum i'm even ranked a 'pleb'. The sad thing is, it took me some time to get to that level :(