Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

round of introductions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Carmel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the warm welcome! I am sure I will have lots of questions! In won't mess about honest.
sarahk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Hi everybody Reply with quote

Hi! I'm Sarah and I'm a newbie in this forum ... For sure i'll find some interesting discussions about holiday rentals and issues.
I'm from a wonderful italian Island... Sardinia! I rent my holiday house since 2007 (wow 10th anniversary...) in Sardinia, of course.
Sometimes be a landlord seems to be a bit complicated...
Let's talk about!
AndrewH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Sarah. You are so right; running a holiday let is not a walk in the park Smile
Aphra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I thought it was time I introduced myself because I've been reading the forums here for a while!

I'm Aphra and new to holiday lets. It's the familiar story, we've found a property we've fallen in love with and hope to buy. My husband wants to retire there, but in the meantime it's perfect for holiday lets - or will be once it's redecorated.

I say it's perfect for holiday lets - we are talking to the local tourist board and other holiday letters in the area to find out what works and what doesn't - eg two nights, whole weeks, groups of adults (it's quite a sporty / outdoorsy area) or families.

In the meantime, I've no particular questions that you lovely people haven't answered several times over, and I am learning amazing things with every conversation I read.

All the best

Aphra
russellt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Aphra. We probably all lurked for a while. So, now's the time to pitch in. Enjoy.

An owner community-led, direct booking alternative to the OTA: http://www.holidayviewsdirect.com , Sign-up and get involved!
Kilm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks!

Just thought I'd drop a quick hello in.

The missus and I had been thinking for ages about getting a bigger house, but after much chat, we decided what's the point of getting into bigger debt for something that gives you no return?

Then one day we saw a property in a place we love that's always great for the tourists and adventure seekers, the good lady said "Should we?", we did and we've now got a lovely two bed bungalow that we get keys for in October and we'll be running as a holiday let.

What a learning curve so far! A lot of niche requirements such as the mortgage type, insurance, but we're almost there.

As we speak, I'm currently perfecting my tablet recipe as the 'welcome gift' for each guest. Hard work, but someone's gotta taste them!
casasantoestevo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilm wrote:
Hi folks!

Just thought I'd drop a quick hello in.

The missus and I had been thinking for ages about getting a bigger house, but after much chat, we decided what's the point of getting into bigger debt for something that gives you no return?

Then one day we saw a property in a place we love that's always great for the tourists and adventure seekers, the good lady said "Should we?", we did and we've now got a lovely two bed bungalow that we get keys for in October and we'll be running as a holiday let.

What a learning curve so far! A lot of niche requirements such as the mortgage type, insurance, but we're almost there.

As we speak, I'm currently perfecting my tablet recipe as the 'welcome gift' for each guest. Hard work, but someone's gotta taste them!

Welcome to LMH.
Enjoy the journey Smile

Go on be an Ostrich; stick you head in the sand.
MulesMarinair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks
Just wanted to pop in and say Hello before I started posting in other parts of the forum. You'll see from my profile that there aren't many details there. That's because we've only recently decided to (finally) get off the fence and take a punt after many years.
Good thing is, for the most part we have always holidayed in the UK in holiday cottages, so we have experience as guests.
Bad thing is, being creatures of habit and when you find somewhere in a location that works for you when you have young kids, you return as opposed to trying somewhere new.
So tapping into broader experience of others and coming up to speed with expectations of guests in this day and age will be important, which is what attracted me to this forum.

Anyway, I just thought that I'd say Hi and hopefully I'll be able to contribute as much as I initially ask as time goes on.

All the best
MM
Mike&Chrissy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: New to the forum Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
We're Mike & Chrissy and have an 18th C cottage on the West Sussex coast. We've been letting for a year with Sykes and are now moving as fast as we can to another (local) agency. We found the forum very useful when we were setting up and hope to contribute in future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> The Cafe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37

Jump to: