Holiday Homes in Hell (British TV programme)

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Demo planned in Malaga next month by the SOHA group plus Almeria groups when the EU holds a meeting there (Spain took over the EU Presidency for 6 months at the beginning of the year).

I have full details if anyone is interested.

So glad that the Priors have finally had some promising news.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Brenda wrote: So glad that the Priors have finally had some promising news.
Yes indeed!
Vera

Post by Vera »

Hi Brenda
I would like details of the demo so I can pass it on to the groups in Albox and Mojacar.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Hi Vera

Demo is on March 17.

If you PM me your email address I can send full details.

Regards,

Brenda
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

http://bit.ly/9AOnIA

''A Foreign Office minister warned Spain on Sunday that knocking down British expatriates’ houses was hurting its economy. ''
Vera

Post by Vera »

Watchdog, BBC1 on Thursday 3rd June

A report on thousands of Britons who bought property in Spain, and who now face demolition orders.
brenda

Post by brenda »

One bit of good news.

Our friends who featured on Holiday Homes from Hell - neighbours cut off half their land - have just won their court case.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

That's great news. Hope they can get it sorted now.
lorca

Post by lorca »

excellent - well done them for sticking it out
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

That is good news Brenda.

I feel so sorry for the ones in Spain that are going through all of this....... :(

absolutely heartbreaking....
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Brenda, there is a programme coming on next 3rd June BBC 20.00 exposing the property scandals here in Spain. It isn't going to help sellers much until it gets sorted out - too visible.
Let your friend know.
Vera

Post by Vera »

As a follow up to Watchdog there is a blog http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/201 ... homes.html please will those interested help those affected by posting a comment, can't hurt.
Vera

Post by Vera »

ITV are making a follow up to Holiday Homes in Hell.

They are looking for people with horror stories, the contact details for the researcher are Anabel Fairclough ( email address anabel.fairclough at itv.com )
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

I got the circular about the new programme, Vera, and am a bit concerned about the damage that these programmes are doing so I wrote to Anabel asking if they were going to have a section on how to buy safely, rather than just sensationalising the problems.

No one can deny that the problems are indeed horrendous for the people affected and there is probably nobody living here who does not know at least one person with a dreadful story. However the other side of the coin is that there are hundreds of thousands of people who have bought safely and are enjoying their properties, either for holidays or full time living.

These programmes are water off a duck's back for the authorities and the greedy developers who caused the problems - if they aren't moved by pressure from the European ministers then a programme on UK TV is going to make not one jot of difference to them. On the other hand the programmes DO impact on the decision-making processes of people who might otherwise have chosen to buy here, thus making the market even more feeble and threatening every aspect of the already badly stretched local economy. The ramifications of the plummeting property market are felt by the ordinary people here in terms of a disastrous level of unemployment and failing businesses, from the humblest bar to the poshest furniture supplier.

If anyone feels as I do on this, please contact Anabel to endorse my plea for some balance in the reporting.

Thanks
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
lorca

Post by lorca »

I agree completely Pepsi and will contact her too.