Classified Ads

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
TTP mk2

Classified Ads

Post by TTP mk2 »

Has anyone tried advertising in the Classified Ads section in local newspapers ?

If so, any success ?
"Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools."

Group Captain Sir Douglas Bader
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I think it would be cheaper to light your barbeque this summer with bundles of 10 quid notes.

In short - no.

MG
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I didn't intend to kill this one stone dead, but there are useful Classifieds on the internet as well.

Here's an idea which works:

Expats (of any nationality) are a good market. They're often on generous salaries, allowances and holiday entitlements. There are dozens of expat forums in any country you can think of. Use Google to find them. Some are dire, some are good.

Switzerland is a good example, several forums, and punters hungry to escape the cities. Some forums have classified attached to them.

If your property is within easy reach of Geneva (good motorways into France/Italy, TGV runs into Geneva and Lausanne, EasyJet have an expanding base), for instance, try this list - Classified Switzerland. It's free, you're allowed images, you're allowed to mention your website and I'm working on the owner (Louisa - beyond helpful) to allow proper outbound links and Holidays as a separate category (rather than Accommodation). You get a hit counter, and remember to renew each month. Response is good. Ours is here.

Good luck. She's got another site, more commercial - details to follow.

MG