Postcards

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
Thomas BC

Postcards

Post by Thomas BC »

Is anyone interested in getting some postcards printed?

I have finally gotten round to getting some postcards made ... using the wonderful printing services of LHM's very own Partridge :wink:

I think the price is good, but apparently it can be even cheaper the more people order postcards at the same time - ask Party why - not me ... but it makes obvious sense :wink:

Anyway ... I am going for it ... and if anyone else is thinking of getting postcards printed, and wants to join the bandwagon to get a reduction send me a PM.
Thomas BC

Post by Thomas BC »

An update for those of you still contemplating getting some postcards:

There are a number of us who have jumped on the bandwagon, and will be getting postcards ... best done in batches of 8 - as it is then £21 (plus vat and postage) for 200 postcards. Only 8 seats per wagon at this price - but you can have more than one seat :lol:

I have compared the quality with Vista print postcards - and there is no comparison really. And at this rate it is only a few quid more than Vista print - which I am happy is going to a fellow LMHer!

So a final call for any takers ... send me a PM

Thomas :wink:
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Our experience says this offer is a lot cheaper than Vistaprint, but we uploaded 4 different photos which added to the cost. Last summer we had 250 postcards from VistaPrint for £36 plus postage.

Thomas - is this just one photo per card?

And what about photo quality needed?
Thomas BC

Post by Thomas BC »

Thanks for the questions Margaret to clarify for all:

Other people have paid a bit less than that Margaret - I think I am right in remembering £10 for 100 postcards. But that was uploading one image.

There are a few different templates currently on offer, and I am sure they will be open to suggestions for further options. But the important thing is if one of us chooses a single image, we do not all have to have a single image - we are not tied to each others choices. The deal exists because 8 postcards will be printed at once - which is much cheaper than doing 8 postcards individually. My understadning of the printing process is far too limited to explain fully, but it does make sense.

The price is the same for each of the options: whether you use 1 image or 4 images.

Photo Quality: it goes without saying that the better the image (resolution) the better the quality of the image on the postcard. They currently request images at 300dpi but they are looking into the optimum image size for photographs for the different options.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

The reason for the 8 postcards is quite simple - they are all printed on one page which is then cut up and we each get our own.
Thomas BC

Post by Thomas BC »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Of course it is that simple - I had only had one cuppa and was not thinking with that much clarity - Thanks Margaret :wink:
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Have been involved with printing industry most of my working life....
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I had only had one cuppa and was not thinking with that much clarity
You really need to drink more Thomas :wink: :)
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

We are nearly there, Thomas (and I) have been very good guinea pigs and to save anyone producing their own artwork we have the basis of a system for people to upload their photos, play around with templates and do some personalisation.

If anyone wants to have a play over the weekend just send me a pm and I'll get hub to sort out a password and username for each individual. We have I think 6 templates but feedback is welcome, via pm or e-mail, both on the templates and ease of use of the system. Don't worry, you are not obliged in any way, shape or form.

I ought to mention this is essentially a one off price as if we ever manage to go live with more products (ideas on a postcard please, ouch, terrible pun) obviously we can't expect Joe Public to get 'groups' together and we wouldn't compete with Vistaprint on price (and survive)... but then again they can't compete with us on quality & customer care :lol:

I'd just like to say thank you Thomas for your help, enthusiasm and encouragement :D
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
declanja

Post by declanja »

Hi,

I have signed up with Thomas but can't work on the templates as i'm on holiday. But give me the info and I will get to it next week. Thankd for the offer.

Declan
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

No problem Declan.

Forgot to mention, can you all let me know your e-mail address in the pm please to make for easier communication or e-mail me, then I'll have it anyway. tricia*magicmouse.co.uk the * is obviously in replace of @

Edited to add: there isn't any 'work' for you to do, just upload your photos and see if you like it and want to go ahead or not. I'm sure we'll discover gremlins but will have to cross that bridge if and when :wink:

Partridge

Post by Partridge »

We're almost ready, final call for the 'slackers' to get their orders in please, btw I'm impressed with what a creative bunch you are and may well steal some for our templates page :lol:

If anyone wants a quote for anything else then please let me know, business cards, canvas prints etc. Hmmm wonder if 'twitter cards' would be a go'er

:roll:

J&J

Post by J&J »

Hi Party

You've got me thinking. I would like some postcards done for private tuition for September time. No photos, just red and blue for French coaching and back red and yellow for German. What sort of quantities would I have to go for?

Judith
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

I'll have a word with the boss and get back to you via PM Judith.

e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Partridge wrote:I'll have a word with the boss ....
Do you like talking to yourself ? :wink:

And there I thought you were the main person !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !