Non iron bedding

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
tessa

Post by tessa »

la vache! wrote:
Ju wrote: I see the ironing as part of my job.)
So do I, or I wouldn't have gone into the business - I'd pay someone else to iron them if I could afford to. Duvet covers are easy for me, it is the fitted sheets that take me longest.
Honestly, I'd feel really short changed if I stayed somewhere where the bed linen was non iron sheets.
LOL

All our linens, towels and tablecloths (for a gite that sleeps 12) come from www.thewhitecompany.com
Expensive, yes, but impressive, and they are now in their second season and looking just as good as new. They do a non iron range of duvet covers I think, but not sure about sheets.

The linens go to the local laundry every changeover, usually costs around 120 euros (this includes all the bedlinen, towels, beachtowels, bath mats, tea towels etc); the cost is factured in to the rental charge.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Tessa, how may guests does your property sleep?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Ju

Post by Ju »

GG - Tessa says she sleeps 12.

Mind you at 120 Euros for one gite that would cost me 360 Euros per week, on top of the cost of the cleaners :shock:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Ooops, not like me to miss something like that! Thanks Ju. Going away to calculate what we pay for ours per turnaround, assuming we have the full complement of 8. Our bills come monthly so I haven't actually worked this out as sometimes the groups are smaller etc etc.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be