Bits You Miss

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
apexblue

Bits You Miss

Post by apexblue »

Staying in the cottage for a few days between bookings (which would not have happened if I'd stuck to my guns and done week only lets and not short breaks this year summer months) and noticed all the things you miss flying thru on changeover day. Would recommend staying in your places if you don't already. Small marks on the walls, a window when the sun shines thru, a unit starting to rust in the bathroom, chipped plate, missing casserole dish, to put the slates up on the venetician blinds to stop the sun waking you up early etc.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

This is definitely a good advice!
There are things you can't notice if you are not there at 7 AM, and you have to take a shower to find out about the running water... I stayed at the property over the weekend and noticed some little flaws I would not want my guests notice. So I am now working to fix them. :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We're having a two week trip out to our apartment next week. In winter we don't really have time to do jobs, too busy skiing, but I've no doubt we will find some to do. In fact I have a list already.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Excellent advice.

Although we are on site, and think that we keep on top of jobs, we alternately stay in each of our Guests Rooms for a night between stays. We always find something that must be done!

We also swap a night with friends of ours who rent out an apartment below their villa - they see things we maybe wouldn't have noticed and vice versa. Gives us all a night away too - even if only 10 minutes drive from here!
Tocanepauli

Post by Tocanepauli »

Yes, as we are finishing off our B&B roomes we are staying in each one, Just had a 4 week stint using the kitchenette in the apartment while my kitchen got redone and happy to say it worked better than I thought it would for a wee kitchen.

And at the same time it is like a little holiday (only hols we are going to get for a while)

Janice
"Strangers are only friends you haven't met yet!"
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

That advice should come with a severe wealth warning :wink:

I'm just coming to the end of a 3 week stay in our Villa before back to back guests through the summer and we are €1,427 worse off having noted the lack of shade by the pool (new pergola €950), flaking paint on all garden walls (paint, primer and labour €345), and then the withering plants that needed replacing (€132), plus various minor breakages (taken from stock purchased ages ago)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !