ONE AND ONE DIY WEBSITE

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
sazzleevans

ONE AND ONE DIY WEBSITE

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

I have no computer skills and want to create a website. I have a site already that I pay someone to update for me but I have LOADS of ideas that change from day to day. Such as guest book, new pages etc. All of which require regular updating.

I am thiking about creating my own website to attached onto my main site which I could play with and include gallery, guest book, news, advise etc.

I have registered the domain name I want with one and one and they do an ideas guide to a website with templates etc. Do you think this is the best idea or is there a better hosting thing I could use?

I would really appreciate your adivse.

SARAH
WWW.ISLACANELAHOLIDAYS.COM
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Sarah,
My computer skills couldn't be better than yours.
However, I have a great site which I "made" myself: it won't get any visitors who haven't already found me on a pay site, because I don't want to spend my time on research into search engines etc, but it gives enough information to convince most visitors to it to book (my pay sites send me a lot of enquirers).
The site is free, provided by my web provider, which is Wanadoo (in France). I have 9 pages & can make them either text or photos, with up to 9 photos per page. Any computer illiterate can use it and I am delighted with it.
The short answer, then, is a question: "Does your web provider let you create a web site free?" Just doing this will teach you lots and you could then move on to something more sophisticated . I don't know "one & one", but if it is free - go for it.
Good luck!
Best,
Alexia.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hi, you can have a look at my website if you want to see what can be done with 1and1. I'm quite pleased with the results so far. There's a couple of things I would have liked to be able to do, but I've got round tham all.