Costa del sol owners

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
TriciaM

Costa del sol owners

Post by TriciaM »

Hello there
As a newcomer about to invest in an apt to rent :idea: I'd appreciate a quick guide to the best rental listing sites for this area.
We already use VRBO for our Florida home and have no complaints - is this site just as effective for Spanish appts? Or shoud we consider a site specific to the costas?

thanks is advance for your top tips.....
Tricia.
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Hi Tricia,

I'm new to Lay My Hat. We've been advertising our apartment for nearly 3 years now. Our greatest number of enquiries has come from villa-holiday.co.uk, but not too many of them convert into bookings. Other sites which have produced results are choosespain.com, costavacations.com and villarenters.com. I've not tried holiday-rentals as the rental rates for similar properties to ours seem to be lower than elsewhere, and we want to avoid the "lower end of the market" if you know what I mean. :wink:

I've no experience of VRBO, so I can't comment on that.

Chalky
Chalky

Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi Tricia

Similar situation to Chalky..we've been renting 3 years now. Initially we started out with Costavacations and Choosespain, both have been excellent in bringing in bookings so we've continued to advertise with them. We've also started to advertise with ownerdirect and have already had a booking via them (so the advertising fee has more than paid off)....and all three come quite high in Google search engine depending on the search submission.

Hope this helps.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Tricia,

I would recommend this method, it is a little time-consuming but worthwhile:

How to find the best listing sites to advertise on
Paolo
Lay My Hat