Printed decal strips with web address?

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Mountain Goat

Printed decal strips with web address?

Post by Mountain Goat »

A reasonably naff idea but how about decal strips with a property's web address for car bumpers and suitcases?

Vistaprint don't have strips as far as I can see. Anyone found a good source?

MG
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk do a good range of printables so you can customise your own.

I've printed unbleached cotton bags with web addresses, pictures etc with laser heat transfer paper from them. It gives a nice finish and is long lasting, unlike ink jet tshirt transfers. I leave the bags hanging up for shopping. The local craft gallery also stocks my bags with vintage postcard prints of the village on and they sell quite well.

CCC also do inkjet and laser waterslip decal paper. Inkjet is a bit of a bind as you have to spray it with varnish. Laser is great, you just print it off, cut around, soak it then slide it onto whatever project you want. It also works on candles and soaps.

The clear laser adhesive papers can also be used for your own custom sized labels.

Lots of guidance on their site and they have a Facebook page with an offer on for mailing list members.

I can totally recommend their products as I've used them for many years.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I use one to advertise my dyslexia website but I cant remember where I got it from. Somewhere on Google.
It didn't cost much at all and if you haven't got a super dooper car and don't mind having a sign stuck on, I think its a great way to advertise cheaply.

Love the bag idea!
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We bought some car stickers online from a German company we just found by Googling. Even for a small number they didn't cost a fortune and they arrived in a couple of days.
kirkland

Post by kirkland »

http://stickers.signprint.co.uk/index.p ... ts_id=8117

This lot do a decent service, we have them on the back of both cars, just in case.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks, everyone, some good leads.

I like the idea of leaving our suitcases, with blazing ad decals, rotating on the airport baggage arrivals thingie. Could nab a few enquiries.

Sue, do those bags get grubby? Are they OK in the wash?

MG
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

MG
The bags I bought are heavyweight cotton (almost a canvas) and fare okay. Both the bag and the transfer are fully washable. I have the transfers on tshirts and they have withstood many washes and not faded or budged. (As long as you don't tumble dry or iron the transfer directly).

PM me if I can help with anything else. I currently have a room full of customised candles, bags, cards, bookmarks awaiting sale at a craft fair this weekend so you can learn by my mistakes!
enid

Post by enid »

Well I'm hoping to learn a lot from you Sue!!!!

Our move to the newly renovated second floor is well under way and I now have a sewing/craft corner (a little bird tells me there is a snazzy new sewing machine waiting for my 60th birthday in a couple of weeks!!!).

I know that you have a lot of experience in the craft world so I hope you won't mind me pestering you for even more good ideas!!!??? :D
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

No problem. I might post some photos later of my "wares"!
enid

Post by enid »

Good oh!!!!! :D
goosie

Post by goosie »

having never heard of the word `decals` before (I just called them car stickers!) Vistaprint sent me a `free` offer for them. Have just ordered one to see what they are like and yes, managed to get through the ordering process without upgrading/adding or buying a bt franking machine!! :lol:
Holiday Almeria

Post by Holiday Almeria »

sue dyer wrote:No problem. I might post some photos later of my "wares"!
Just bringing the thread back to life. Did you post any pictures anywhere at all please as i'm looking for some ideas other than postcards and keyrings?

Mark
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I'll post more later but here are some I did for a scarecrow festival. I put local scenes on the books and give them as gifts to return visitors. I leave a couple of bags in the cottage for folk to shop with (and advertise my web address!)

I'm making a new visitor book with a pic of the cottage on the front. There is a notebook available for guests which has a pic of the street on from 1910's. (ebay post card scans).

The candles can have a pic of your property or local scene and are nice little giveaways too.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/soodyer/C ... 3284128754

more later!
Holiday Almeria

Post by Holiday Almeria »

Thanks for that Sue. The candles look good, are they the sort of thing you can buy from Hobbycraft or Dunelms? Obviously the sticker would also need to be "candle friendly"?

Looking forward to seeing some more pics when you get a minute.

Cheers

Mark
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

The idea of the decal is something I ahve been thinking about for a while now but... In Italy you should pay taxes! You should pay to the comune where the car's owner is resident. And the more the adhesive is large, the more you pay. I did not find anything now on the web but, as far as I can remember, you are only allowed to do this if the society you are advertising for is also the onwer of the car. It might look complicated if you are not Italian but, those living here... :roll: