Large Groups weekend booking[or not]

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

Large Groups weekend booking[or not]

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All,

Just had an enquiry for 2 long weekends in April.
16 Ladies, the first weekend and 16 Gentleman, the second.
A few emails exchanged just want to have a bit of sun and chill out etc.etc.
The Ladies one weekend the gentlemen the next...... :roll:

Erm a phone call later and yes youve guessed it :wink:
Hen and Stag weekends.
I actually asked outright.... and said you might as well tell me..........she mumbled something about well, they are getting married but were not classing it as a Stag/Hen Weekend as such..
Yep I see......No thanks.
After taking a group of golfers in April and regretting it :evil: and afterwards finding a music tape labelled....
Stag weekend....Alicante April 2008. Bit of a clue :wink: ..........

It makes you just a little wary....
tansy

Post by tansy »

Oh how different our Stag Parties are here - I've organized 3 now here in Normandy - clay pigeon shooting, fishing or a trip on a horse drawn carriage/caravans followed by big long boozy private gourmet 7-9 course dinner in a chateau... they have been great events... we even had one group sail across in a sail yacht from Cowes.... however I always make sure they are not accommodated in one of those posh chateaux with antiques and oil paintings etc. just in case! Slightly run down and are happy to take school kids!! ... but I fully understand why you say an emphatic NO down in your part of the world... I would too without a shadow of doubt... it's too tempting the cost of booze alone!!
it's all a learning curve!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Shall I send you the email then youd be VERY welcome!!!!!!!!!!
Marks

Post by Marks »

Barges and poles spring to mind :wink:
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Whatever happened to a night of dancing down the local Palais I wonder, I'm so glad I escaped that generation, would have cost me a small fortune :roll:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Whatever happened to a night of dancing down the local Palais I wonder, I'm so glad I escaped that generation, would have cost me a small fortune
:wink:

Yep me and Hubbies Stag/Hen nights were the Thursday night before the wedding as well......not weeks before.........and dont think about Honeymoon :roll:
Freezing cold January[it snowed] then back to my brothers house we were renting[Hed kindly gone back earlier to light the fire :wink: ]
actually I wouldnt change a thing...... :D
tansy

Post by tansy »

No thanks!!!!!!!! Sorry didn't want offend... I only meant the difference in what folk expect in different parts of the world even though they are from the same country is quite staggering...

I mean look at Aya Nappa in Cyprus for example - I remember Cyprus in 1968... certainly it wasn't like that then ... it was just one long empty beach with some soldiers from UN sitting in the only hut along the coast that doubled as a bar... now it seems the UN is still needed but to keep the peace amongst the hen & stag parties ...
it's all a learning curve!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

No thanks!!!!!!!! Sorry didn't want offend..
Whatever makes you think I was offended?? :o trust me, you would have known if I had been!!

Ive actually just had a pm from someone whose interested, and Ive passed it on to them, she actually sounded very nice so hope she gets sorted. :)
J&J

Post by J&J »

Apparently Brighton is pretty racy for this sort of event in the UK!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Judith & James
Apartment in Dinard, Brittany.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I had a night out in an Italian restaurant in Newcastle with my sisters. followed by dancing in the disco downstairs, and am imprmptu visit to a nightclub on the way home. Hubby went out in his local town (Tynemouth) with all of his school friends. The most raunchy thing about it was hubby fondling the stripper gram, and me kissing a hunky bloke (on the cheek)
TTP mk2

Post by TTP mk2 »

J & Titch wrote:Apparently Brighton is pretty racy for this sort of event in the UK!
Not when I had my Stag night there 35 years ago :-)